F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

License plate leds?

Old 03-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default License plate leds?

I have a rear mounted swing arm license plate frame due to my hotbodies undertail. My question is, what options do I have as far as getting some light on the plate? I obviously dont care, but the boys in blue seem to have an issue with not seeing my plate at night. I found these :
LED Tag Boltz

Is this something you would recommend? My license frame is arched so a normal square/rectangle frame would not mount onto it. And my concern with these would be running the power and ground wire up the swingarm and to the bike ( which would look tacky ) I really appreciate any ideas or comments guys, Thank you!

Old 03-06-2011, 11:09 AM

thats really your only option, just wire them up to your license plate wiring from the factory

Old 03-06-2011, 12:42 PM

yep really easy install.. i got those in blue at a local bike shop...

Old 03-06-2011, 12:58 PM

I was considering those too. I have my plate mounted on a bracket on the right side (axle bolt) of the wheel and was thinkin of running it through the inside of the swingarm to the battery and hooking up a switch to my cluster to control power. But I'm curious as to how they look. Good luck with yours. Hope to see some pics.

Old 03-06-2011, 02:40 PM

Thanks for the comments, I think I will take the advice running it behind the swing arm and wiring it to the stock rear wiring ( running lights ) coming from the axel bolt, I will prolly tape it with black electrical tape to blend it in, and protect the wiring aliitle. Thanks guys

Old 03-06-2011, 09:59 PM

Use black duct tape and/or zip ties. Electric tape won't stand too well. I've been riding without a L/P frame light for over two years and havent been pulled over. I figure I'll wait till I get pulled over, lol.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:43 PM

NOPE!!! that's not your only option
Check out TRIPAGE stuff he has a great LED Licence Plate Frame with built in LED's VERY clean look I have it on my motorcycle.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:45 PM

Check out TRIPAGE stuff he has a great LED Licence Plate Frame with built in LED's VERY clean look I have it on my motorcycle.

and here is the link http://tripageled.com/os/product_inf...roducts_id=153

Old 03-07-2011, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by jasonb
Actually that will not work, Like I stated in my original post, I have a angled/rounded license plate frame. So the standard rectangle frame will not attach to it. Thanks for the reccomendation tho

This is what i have, but in black

Old 03-08-2011, 08:30 AM

heat the plastic up a bit and it should conform to the curve of that plate holder.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: License plate leds?