License Plate?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 01:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default License Plate?

Hey guys, I just bought a 04' cbr600rr over the weekend and I love it! it rides smooth and very agile as well.

Anyways, I took the license plate holder off and the turn signals as well, but where did you guys attach the license plate? It seems like there is no place to hold the license plate. Also, do you guys know where you can get the license plate holder on the side of the bike like chopper bikes?

Thanks for your help.

Old 12-15-2004, 03:15 AM
Default RE: License Plate?

Well there are a lot of different lic plate bracket things on the market, but look into a integrated turn signal/taillight unit like this!!
http://clearalternatives.com/new.htm

Old 12-18-2004, 04:21 AM

Hey bro I have a two bro's racing fender eliminator with hidden but still legal license plate mount on it if you are interested In how it look email me and I will email you a pic it also has small blinker mounts it looks sweet. cannot add it to this post cause its too large of a file sorry !

Old 11-03-2008, 10:16 AM

has ne1 ever driven without plates? Contemplating cause I cancelled my insurance for the winter, but there have been numerous days since with nice weather and want to ride. i have a fender eliminator and the plate is actually under the seat and above the tire. I can flip up the plate holder and take out the bulb so it is less noticeable.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Pootie Tang

has ne1 ever driven without plates? Contemplating cause I cancelled my insurance for the winter, but there have been numerous days since with nice weather and want to ride. i have a fender eliminator and the plate is actually under the seat and above the tire. I can flip up the plate holder and take out the bulb so it is less noticeable.
You shouldn't be allowed on the streets. get insurance and grow the hell up or get off of the road.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:55 AM

ORIGINAL: TheX

You shouldn't be allowed on the streets. get insurance and grow the hell up or get off of the road.
sorry, but Boston isnt blessed with the non snow weather of texas. there are plenty of riders that ride without insurance...some sellers i've talked to never even registered their bikes before. besides, it was just a question. i never said i actually do it or plan on doin it, so relax...

Old 11-03-2008, 10:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Pootie Tang

ORIGINAL: TheX

sorry, but Boston isnt blessed with the non snow weather of texas. there are plenty of riders that ride without insurance...some sellers i've talked to never even registered their bikes before
Then they're all idiots.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:26 AM

At least liability man. If you don't care about yourself, that's fine, but you have to be responsible for smashing up other peoples' stuff, not to mention injuring/killing others. Get some liability for off-season riding, it's cheap and totally worth it if something happens.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:22 PM

No one on this forum is going to tell you it's ok to ride illegally. You should get a plate holder/fender eliminator and get the bike registered and insured. I have stunt buddies that ride w/o all that, but they trailer around their bikes to private lots to stunt and most of them have legal bikes for street riding.

Anybody that is riding the streets w/o a plate is a fool and asking for trouble. No one wants to get pulled over, so why give the cops a reason?!?

Also, I am in CT...the side plate markers are usually illegal in this state if they are vertical. Make sure you know what the laws in Mass will let you do...