F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Jerking at 4k rpm

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 02:53 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Out with the old tranny, in with the new tranny! Should work like a dream when its done though. You'll be back on the road soon it looks like.(unless winter comes first)

Old 09-23-2010, 07:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OutlawF4
Out with the old tranny, in with the new tranny! Should work like a dream when its done though. You'll be back on the road soon it looks like.(unless winter comes first)
LOL! I'm determined to get a few rides in before winter. I'm so pathetic I even had a dream last night they called and said I can pick it up tomorrow (friday) so I was all excited... then I woke up pissed!! They told me when I went up there on tuesday that it will be early next week... sucks because Saturday here is supposed to be in the 70s and low humidity and sunshine... ugh...

Old 10-19-2010, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by AmyNxDx
LOL! I'm determined to get a few rides in before winter. I'm so pathetic I even had a dream last night they called and said I can pick it up tomorrow (friday) so I was all excited... then I woke up pissed!! They told me when I went up there on tuesday that it will be early next week... sucks because Saturday here is supposed to be in the 70s and low humidity and sunshine... ugh...
Any news Amy ?

Old 10-20-2010, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by gsgcbr600rr
Any news Amy ?
Yup! I did get it back, took 2 weeks total. So I got it on a Tuesday night, rode everyday until we noticed it was leaking oil So I had to take it in. Honda took 3 days to fix it, said it was their own issue, they didn't order the correct seal and just used honda bond instead. Kinda makes me mad because wtf would you use something that obviously didn't work?

Next time I'm going to a better Honda place!

Lately it's been getting too cold to drive

Old 10-20-2010, 09:40 AM

Give the guys a break Amy. That hondabond is some good **** and the guys in the industry use it to make gaskets for just about everything. It's an industry standard. It's not very often that it doesn't pull through for us. Same with yamabond and Right Stuff (automotive) Now with that being said I understand your frustration and I'm glad you got your wheels back. you're in cincy you've still got a good bit of riding left. I was able to ride my bike home from cincy (north on 75) a couple years ago in february. Wouldn'y have been that miserable of a ride if it hadnt been raining! :P

Old 10-20-2010, 10:17 AM

I'm pretty bummed. I was really excited to ride. Guess I learned a lesson here...

thx Kuroshio LOL
Dont be too hard on yourself. This is the used machine world. You just never know all the details until its too late. It was pretty nice that the guy offered anything in return as in these cases it's usually buyer beware "as is".

You still got a decent deal even after the extra $400 and summer will be here before you know it so chin up M8.

I actually enjoy riding in the Winter but I live in the People Republic of Kalifonia.

Old 10-21-2010, 07:51 PM

Yup! I did get it back, took 2 weeks total. So I got it on a Tuesday night, rode everyday until we noticed it was leaking oil So I had to take it in. Honda took 3 days to fix it, said it was their own issue, they didn't order the correct seal and just used honda bond instead. Kinda makes me mad because wtf would you use something that obviously didn't work?

Next time I'm going to a better Honda place!

Lately it's been getting too cold to drive
Glad it's finally been sorted, & u have every right to be mad, having paid top money for a service, u would expect the job to be done properly. Shame about the weather, it's getting cold in England too, hopefully there will be a couple of dry, mild days through the winter to get out on the bike, just have to wrap up nice n warm.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:17 AM

It's really cold here today in Cincinnati. I hope this weekend warms up and I can go for a ride.

I'm just glad I have the bike back I need to take some more pictures of it though!

Old 10-24-2010, 10:58 AM

Great pics on the dogs etc on the tranny. I always like to see up close what the internals of things look like, it helps me understand the bike more!

Kind of off topic but not really, but for the past 2 months, after a buddy and I installed my new rims and tires, I felt that he tightened a few things up too tight. One of them being 2 bolts on my cush drive, he overtorqued them and they stripped so 2 out of the 6 are not functioning 100% (I was told this is fine for riding) Anyway, the 2nd thing was the chain!!!! The chain was adjusted too tight! It was barley 1". I didn't notice it at first but after riding for months I was getting quite annoyed at how hard my gearbox seemed to shift and how smack/jerky the gearbox felt (worst was 1-2). It just felt like I was putting bad strain on the bike/gearbox even though I was shifting great/smoothly. Put it this way, aside from the "feeling" and jerk of the bike, the shifts were even louder than whats normally expected on an early year F4i (notoriously loud by design)

Yesterday I adjusted my chain slack to about 1.25" and OH MY GOD...its a different bike...I remember riding 2 up with my fiance and with that added weight to the suspension/chain OH MY GOD did it feel bad...I am glad I caught the culprit (the chain slack) before I actually reeked havoc on the internals (which I know due to Honda durability/quality would take a year of me beating it up on too tight of a chain)

Moral of the story...If you feel something is out of whack...check nto it...start with the most obvious small things/adjustments (i.e chain slack, clutch cable adjustment, levers adjustment etc...) It makes a world of difference!!!!

Last edited by 600F4inoober; 10-24-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:15 AM

that's great you figured it out quickly when this whole ordeal started we thought it was the chain... now that i spent the $$$ to have the transmission fixed, man i wish it was the chain instead! i'd be $1200 richer LOL