F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

IPOD Instrument holder

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, why dont you get a throttle stop too...so you can text with both hands while riding. I absolutely HATE it when people are riding around town with their heads up their *** instead of DRIVING. Besides if you turn it up to hear it over the wind noise you wont be able to the horns honking or the tires screetching from the dicknose behind you right before he slams into you sitting at the GREEN light while you try to find a song you like.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skoobydoobie
Hey, why dont you get a throttle stop too...so you can text with both hands while riding. I absolutely HATE it when people are riding around town with their heads up their *** instead of DRIVING. Besides if you turn it up to hear it over the wind noise you wont be able to the horns honking or the tires screetching from the dicknose behind you right before he slams into you sitting at the GREEN light while you try to find a song you like.
I'm with ya bro. You know what else I hate- dumb@ss's that post what you just posted. Why don't you post that stuff up somewhere else! I just said in my last reply that I don't fiddle with it while I'm riding, maybe you should get all your info straight before you fly off the handle. This forum is supposed to be helpful info and not filled with anger. Thank you for your reply either way.

HANGFIRE- thank you for your help, I went onto amazon and found something that will probably work just fine.

Old 03-14-2009, 07:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was being helpful. Suggesting that you concentrate on the task at hand (driving) and not playin around with the ipod, thats pretty good advice. I'm not expressing any anger, but the guy behind you blowin his horn is.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:52 AM

I listen to my iPod while riding, but +1 to the other posters about watching the road. What I found that works great for me, is a $2 inline remote that has pause/play, forward/back, and volume up/down. (search eBay and you will find tons) With this I wired it to go thought the shoulder straps in my backpack, and clip the remote right next to my armpit. It took all of 5 min to learn how to control it by feel. (with a helmet on you can't look to see it even if you wanted to) It doesnt charge the iPod but carrying a USB cable in the backpack can help solve that. (Where do we ride for more than 4 hours that doesn't have a computer at the other end?) For me this a simple solution that allows me to pause (my biggest concern) and skip through tracks. Oh yea, plus you don't have to unhook yourself from your own bike.

Old 03-15-2009, 02:12 PM

yea i tried riding with my IPOD one time but i couldnt hardly hear it with the exhaust, and it was so loud it kinda hurt, and i couldnt hear anything else going on
it seems a little too dangerous to me