Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Another Ipod help... Video Ipod stuff

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 01:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Ipod help... Video Ipod stuff

So I too got one for christmas... My problem is I have music videos on my computer, loaded them in iTunes, but whenI go to sync the ipod the videos wont transfer over. I checked the sync options and it should going through but for some reason it wont?

Also anyone know how to get a DVD and copy it into itunes?

Old 12-31-2006, 04:52 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Another Ipod help... Video Ipod stuff

First off, you can't just copy random videos to your iPod, they have to be the right format (.mp4).

There are a couple of programs that allow you to copy DVD's and make them into little 500MB iPod videos (did my whole collection actually). It's called Handbrake, and it used to ONLY be for the Mac, but they have a PC version out right now in it's BETA stages, so I would try that. If not, try Videora iPod Converter (google it). It's also free, same goes for Handbrake.

http://handbrake.m0k.org/ - HANDBRAKE SITE

http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/ - VIDEORA SITE

I believe these programs will also take your existing videos and convert them to iPod format as well. Good luck. A full length DVD takes about twice as long as the movie is to convert, so start the conversion when your not going to use the computer (i.e. overnight, while working/going to school, etc.) Took me a few months to convert my DVD collection of about 200 movies. I would just start one before work, start another one before bed, etc, etc.

PM me if you have any questions about iPods. I consider myself a Pro at these things. (and don't believe anything the anti-apple people say, they are THE BEST when it comes to portable music/video players.)

Old 12-31-2006, 05:08 AM

i dont have an ipod but i have a Zen: Vision. like he said it must be in a format that ipod playes. i use Video Vault PVP. for the ipod u need Vault360 its 30 bucks or u can just download a copy of any p2p program, not that i am telling u to. becouse mine plays mpeg videos most of the videos i have play already without convertying them.

Old 12-31-2006, 05:19 PM

With the music videos I went in iTunes and did the "convert to ipod format" for the videos... Now I can get the videos on my ipod but I dont have any sound with the videos (on my ipod or playing on the computer through iTunes).

Old 01-02-2007, 06:47 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's why I use Handbrake. Sometimes iTunes can't convert the videos correctly.