F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

HID question

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 10:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

like the tutorial sick97SS...i would just copy paste that into the how to section!
It was winter time when i did mine, so i figured why not take the whole damn front off! Its a little easier to get the ballasts where they need to go, also i just zip tied the igniters below them in that open space thats there.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:51 AM

Wow great write up and pics Rez and Slick- This looks like a no-brainer mod. Plus theyr in CA so Ill get the kit in a day or 2 being just a state over. So my question is, I love Rez's setup and cleanliness (ballasts stickied to inside housings and harness zip-tied) Can I do it clean like Rez without taking off the front cowel? The farthest Ive dipped into taking off fairings was loosening all the bolts to do my flush mounts. I have taken the windscreen of a dozen times no prob. I'd rather not take the front cowel off If I dont have to but Im an **** perfectionist and if I cant do this install clean without, I'll make it happen. whaddayathink!?

Oh, so 35W H7 6000K is what I want right? (Rez I LOVE the more Blue tint but 8000k seems a little too bright! -from your crappy cell phone pics that is)

Edit: What about taking off the windscreen and black plastic ram air covers under the handelbars rather than the whole cowel? I would think I can get in there and work through the ram air cover area..?

Double Edit: Does this kit affect the battery in any way? i.e draw more power while running or at off position? DO I still have low and high beam? I kind of think I only need low. Can I set it up so I have either low (both bulbs on) or none at all? That would be ideal for me. No need for high beam with such bright bulbs! Id rather have the low beam switch set to both bulbs off and high beam switch set to both bulbs on but at low beam. Do-able?

Last edited by 600F4inoober; 07-16-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:26 AM

Wait..am I answering my own questions? Sheesh Im a loser Found this from SLick
"Both bulbs are identical, just the reflectors in the headlight housing that are different for lo and hi beam. The lights still work the same as stock after the HID install only much brighter."

I could have swore peeps have this setup to low beam switch set to no lights and high beam switch set to both lights on low. I assume they changed the reflectors in their high beam housing to low beam? If its too much of a pita then F it

Old 07-17-2010, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by 600F4inoober
Wait..am I answering my own questions? Sheesh Im a loser Found this from SLick
"Both bulbs are identical, just the reflectors in the headlight housing that are different for lo and hi beam. The lights still work the same as stock after the HID install only much brighter."

I could have swore peeps have this setup to low beam switch set to no lights and high beam switch set to both lights on low. I assume they changed the reflectors in their high beam housing to low beam? If its too much of a pita then F it
yeah screw doing all that crap just install and have highbeam switch on all time dude....make life easier for your self. you would have to literally tear into the housing....pointless