F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Headlight/Fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 02:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Headlight/Fuel pump

no it doesnt look like that.. everything looks fine on the console when i turn it on.. all the pins and wires even looked fine.. i got it all put back together now and it seems to be acting fine so far.. i didnt really do anything to it but cut all the tape off the wires and look for a bad connection or a short somewhere.. thanks for the help guys ill let u know if it starts acting up again..

Old 03-05-2008, 02:34 PM

Have you disconnected the tip over sensor on the front fairing? I would think that is what is causing you hell....

Old 03-05-2008, 02:58 PM

Pair mod and tipover sensor instructions and info....

the clean air mod will give you better low end for multiple reasons, and it sounds so much deaper.....

1- you don't get any of the hot oily air from the crank case in your airbox
2- by hooking the crankcase vent tube up to the clean air valve it creates a vaccum in the crank case and that is good for a few extra horse power and a couple foot pounds of torque 3-you cannot hydrolock your bike if it falls over, especially if you have done the tipoversensor modification.... 4-yes this mod was first done by racers for the power gain , then not getting oil in the airbox while stunting was an after thought...more like the evacuation system on a drag car it uses the exhaust to create a vaccum in the crank case .. some people worry about it blowing seals etc...then this guy posted... martino [/align] I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife![/align] [/align]
[/align]
Join Date: Mar 2003[/align] Location: Northern Va[/align] Age: 27[/align] Bike: 929, 929/F4i, 636, F4[/align] Gender: Male[/align] Posts: 1,359 [/align] [/align] [/align] [/align] tested:636 Kleen Mod generates vacuum only (pics) [/align] [hr] People were talking about how the Kleen mod will blow gaskets etc, it turns out its not the case-there is a vacuum of -1 to -5 psi at all times in the modified Kleen bypass hose.
I ran a gauge in a T-fitting and ran the bike hard under every possible cirumstance, watching the guage, when the bike is at idle there is -1psi, at idle wide open throttle its the same.

All through the powerband, decel, or accel, idle to redline it only fluctuates between -1 to -5psi vaccum, so no chance of blowing seals. It never came close to Zero psi.
The bike seems to lug lower, it might be in my head, but the thing has gotta run better because its running on clean air instead of dirty *** PCV gases being pumped into the airbox.[/align] HERE IS MY POST ON HOW I DID IT TO MY F4I.... Re: how to air box mod f4i [/align] [hr] Did this last night.....clean air mod and removal of the tip over sensor as I still love that wheelie sensation!!!
The clean air mod will give you better low end for two reasons ... this is why racers love it.....

1- you don't get any of the hot oily air from the crank case in your airbox---Take an automotive spray gun, The air blowing by the small jet pulls paint from the canister and doesn't blow pressure into the can...... Same thing here, the exhaust blows by and pulls the hot air / oil from the crancase with it...
2- by hooking the crankcase vent tube up to the clean air valve it creates a vaccum in the crank case and that is good for a few extra horse power and a couple foot pounds of torque...OMR (aka the man) said..."it makes the bike better all around and alot of people agree ,i have even seen dyno test that show increased torque and horse power"
The stunters love it because it prevents a hydrolock situation from the bike being on its side and oil being dumped into the airbox from the breather tube....it has been argued over and over and proven, this is a great mod with no bad side effects whatsoever....

This is what it looks like stock....the directions are a bit confusing, throw 3 away, and hook 1 2 and 4 to the new t....
[i] [IMG]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t204

Old 03-08-2008, 01:19 PM

ya i think that tip over sensor is what was givin me problems... after it shut off if i unplugged it and plugged it back in it would come back on.. doesnt seem to be giving me trouble now though?!?!? been up on 1 wheel all day and its fine.. hopefully it stays that way.. Thanks for all the help! be safe!

Old 03-09-2008, 11:41 AM

Might have been loose, glad it is all good now!

Old 03-09-2008, 04:13 PM

The tip over sensor is REALLY good to know about. I dropped mine the other day (Stopped on sand and my foot slipped), and the stupid thing wouldn't start for about 5 minutes. I couldn't figure out what was going on, but it was ticking me off. It was right in front of my house, and I couldn't get it up the drive way to put it back in the garage. I am definitely killing that thing tonight. Thanks for the tip.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:58 AM

haha this is sooo much bull****... bike has been fine now for a couple days and now it is startin to do the same **** again... went ridin today and popped a wheelie and it stalled out on me.. started right back up.. was fine for an hour or so and then did it again.. the f1 light is coming on when it dies.. im going to try this tip over sensor mod and see if it fixes the problem for good..