F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Fuel coming out of the exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 09:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drain the oil ASAP. Your engine oil is probably full of gas which will rape every bearing in that engine rapidly. You may also have sticky valves since its been setting with the crap they pass off as gasoline.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea, I wouldnt try and turn it over w/o changing the oil. you know that it turns over, so dont do anything w/o replacing the FPR and then changing the oil. you can sieze the motor for real this time doing that. it is turning over real slow probably because of the above mentioned, and your battery is probably shot for good after it sitting dead for so long and you draining it that many times. I would change the FPR and change the plugs while you have the tank propped up, and then before trying to crank it, make sure you get all the fluid out that you can and change the oil and filter.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:33 PM

Like as said before, drain all fluids and replace with new, and dont try to start without the fpr or you just do the same thing all over again. Change plugs and you might need some injector cleaner. The slow crank is probably from the friction inside the motor.

Last edited by Tanknuts; 03-15-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:43 PM

When you jump the battery, I hope you're not hooking up to a car!!!! If you are it is VERY important that the car be turned OFF. Your cars alternator creates way too much current for the bike to handle. Most of the time when folks do this incorrectley they end up frying their stator, or just pop a couple fuses. Either way, make sure the car is NOT running.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:18 PM

All,

Thanks for your responses!! Sorry I disapeared, but work has been killing me for the past two days.

Originally Posted by jonld
Drain the oil ASAP. Your engine oil is probably full of gas which will rape every bearing in that engine rapidly. You may also have sticky valves since its been setting with the crap they pass off as gasoline.
I did drained the oil and gas tank, but there might still be some left over gas on the chamber. Maybe?

Originally Posted by Rotory2F4i
yea, I wouldnt try and turn it over w/o changing the oil. you know that it turns over, so dont do anything w/o replacing the FPR and then changing the oil. you can sieze the motor for real this time doing that. it is turning over real slow probably because of the above mentioned, and your battery is probably shot for good after it sitting dead for so long and you draining it that many times. I would change the FPR and change the plugs while you have the tank propped up, and then before trying to crank it, make sure you get all the fluid out that you can and change the oil and filter.
The FPR and spark plugs should be here by Friday, already drained the engine, and gas tank.

Originally Posted by Tanknuts
Like as said before, drain all fluids and replace with new, and dont try to start without the fpr or you just do the same thing all over again. Change plugs and you might need some injector cleaner. The slow crank is probably from the friction inside the motor.
Already did all of that, hopefully you are right and the slow crank is from the friction inside the motor.

Originally Posted by skoobydoobie
When you jump the battery, I hope you're not hooking up to a car!!!! If you are it is VERY important that the car be turned OFF. Your cars alternator creates way too much current for the bike to handle. Most of the time when folks do this incorrectley they end up frying their stator, or just pop a couple fuses. Either way, make sure the car is NOT running.
I was using a red optima battery as a jumper, is the battery from my street\race car. The optima is on the car, but not hooked up. Thanks for the advice though!

I will keep you guys posted during the weekend, and again thanks for everything!

Old 03-17-2009, 10:38 PM

Those Red Tops are the sht. Too bad they dont make em for our bikes. I have two for the "cages"

Old 03-21-2009, 10:37 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by skoobydoobie
Those Red Tops are the sht. Too bad they dont make em for our bikes. I have two for the "cages"
Yes they are!!

All,

Thanks for all of the valuable information provided on this thread, I am happy to inform you guys that the bike is ALIVE

Thanks for all of the help, you guys and this forums ROCKS!

Old 03-21-2009, 05:02 PM

Congrats