F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Fan switch

  #1  
Old 07-25-2010, 05:45 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 11
Default Fan switch

So i bought my bike customized.. and it was a manual switch for the fan, the guy told me to flick it on when the bike get up to around 195-200... I find that quite annoying for some reason and would want to revert back to automatically switch on at those temperatures. Any one can help me with that?

Thanks
 
  #3  
Old 09-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Member
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 68
Default

Originally Posted by Sinatra View Post
So i bought my bike customized.. and it was a manual switch for the fan, the guy told me to flick it on when the bike get up to around 195-200... I find that quite annoying for some reason and would want to revert back to automatically switch on at those temperatures. Any one can help me with that?

Thanks
Do you have any idea how he has it wired? Also, normally when this is done it is wired so you are able to turn the fans on manually but also still functions as stock if you don't turn them on when the bike gets to temp. Have you ever let it get up to temp to see if the fan still kicks on?
 
  #4  
Old 09-03-2010, 12:38 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: middle TN
Posts: 418
Default

Originally Posted by bleheny View Post
Do you have any idea how he has it wired? Also, normally when this is done it is wired so you are able to turn the fans on manually but also still functions as stock if you don't turn them on when the bike gets to temp. Have you ever let it get up to temp to see if the fan still kicks on?
Exactly. Hopefully he had the sense to just tap into factory wire with a switched ground. Look on left side tank and see if wire is still plugged into thermoswitch. With his homemade switch turned off and key on, unplug wire and touch metal connector to a ground. If fan comes on, it's still wired up to come on automatically.
 
  #5  
Old 09-03-2010, 02:19 AM
Member
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 68
Default

Originally Posted by cbr900racer77 View Post
Exactly. Hopefully he had the sense to just tap into factory wire with a switched ground. Look on left side tank and see if wire is still plugged into thermoswitch. With his homemade switch turned off and key on, unplug wire and touch metal connector to a ground. If fan comes on, it's still wired up to come on automatically.
I have noticed over the years that most people don't have the sense to do things the right way. Prime example is the guy I bought my bike from... All of the wiring he did was just twisted together and he used blue painters tape to wrap the bare ends. There were no butt connectors, taps, etc. I still have no idea how everything worked. I got the bike for so cheap I couldn't pass it up.
 
  #6  
Old 09-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: middle TN
Posts: 418
Default

Well, in the case of a fan switch...it's actually easier to do it the right way so hopefully that's what he/she did.
 
  #7  
Old 09-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Member
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 68
Default

Originally Posted by cbr900racer77 View Post
Well, in the case of a fan switch...it's actually easier to do it the right way so hopefully that's what he/she did.
Yep...
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
removebeforeflight
CBR 600F3
33
10-13-2014 10:16 AM
this guy
General Tech
3
04-28-2011 04:28 PM
101cbrman
Stunters Corner
1
11-02-2010 11:06 PM
michealparks
CBR 1000F "Hurricane"
15
11-09-2009 12:54 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fan switch


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.