General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help for a H.I.D switch

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 01:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help for a H.I.D switch

I just installed H.I.D's on my F3. it was the DDM 35W Single Hi/Lo 6000k kit. what a differences . Now, when i start my bike i want to have the headlight off. i know i can put in a delay relay, but using a switch for it would help with other things. like not havening my spot light on the house across the street when im warming up the bike and them thinking it's a raid or something.
I already know if i put on a on/off switch, i would never turn it off when i turn off the bike and when i start the bike it would be on. I know what you are going to say "just switch it off after you start the bike" too e-z.i know..but i like going that xter step,that 1 up. I want to have a push button for the headlights. i push the button,the lights go on. Now when i shut off the bike or the power is removed from the switch. the switch goes back to off . Any Idea's ? Do they sell a switch that dose that?

Old 04-27-2011, 02:23 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need something like this but with a higher Amperage rating:
LED Remote Control Unit 2/Remote Control Keyfobs - 12vDC / 6 Amp. LED Motorcycle, Car, Truck, Boat, RC Hobby or any 12vDC system.

You could splice this in line with your lo and power from the battery.
then even if you accidently hit the on button while the bike is off the lights wouldn't come on.
but you could still change the settings if you want your lights on or off while the bike is not running.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:30 AM

just wire in a relay. The relay will be wired with the ground and positive wires direct, but instead of wiring the sensing wire direct with an ignition hot, just wire the switch between. Then, the only time the relay can come on is when you have the bike running and the switch on. If either one of those are off, so will the power running through the relay. plus, since your using the low voltage signal wire as your switch wire, just about any switch will work. You won't need anything high power, which is nice for being able to tuck a really small switch somewhere.

Old 04-28-2011, 04:28 PM

use both, delay relay and a switch...never thought of use both of them together Thank's justasquid