F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i problem :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4i problem :(

hey guys im new to the cbr world, I just got this bike a few months ago so im still getting familar with it. It keeps "bogging" and acting funny even after I changed the gas and spark plugs and ran sea foam through it. Here is a video of it.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:20 AM
Registered Users

How did the spark plugs look when you changed them wet with gas at all? Open your oil cap and smell the oil if it smells strongly of gas you have a bad fuel pressure regulator I would suggest not riding the bike till you get it figured out

Old 06-13-2012, 01:35 PM

you might try adjusting your idle up a little...i think you want it to idle around 1200-1300 rpm at normal temps.

also, you might try disconnecting your battery for about 15 minutes.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how many blinks does the FI light give?

before you replace the fuel pressure regulator check to see if there's anything backing up your fuel flow. drain the gas and see if there's any slug in the gas or in your tank. Pull the fuel pump unit, and remove the fuel filter to test it. You can do so by blowing air in one end, and if air exits out the other with little resistance than it's good. Else, the filter is clogged.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:55 PM

I feel like I have the same issue goin on with my 05 f4i or maybe it does just hesitate at low rpm. I bough it with a yoshimura carbon pipe and i just put in a k&n. In first and second gears at low rpm its very jumpy. Will a power commander and custom map help me out?

Old 06-13-2012, 08:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

without knowing what the problem is, it is difficult to recommend a solution. however, the list of mods will most likely do nothing to remedy whatever problems you have. unless.. your problem is the bike runs quiet and doesn't drop fuel excessively.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by 325chris
How did the spark plugs look when you changed them wet with gas at all? Open your oil cap and smell the oil if it smells strongly of gas you have a bad fuel pressure regulator I would suggest not riding the bike till you get it figured out

Best I could remember the plugs weren't wet at all, Im taking the new ones out tomorrow to see if they are fouled or wet.

Originally Posted by mnguyen84

before you replace the fuel pressure regulator check to see if there's anything backing up your fuel flow. drain the gas and see if there's any slug in the gas or in your tank. Pull the fuel pump unit, and remove the fuel filter to test it. You can do so by blowing air in one end, and if air exits out the other with little resistance than it's good. Else, the filter is clogged.
Im not sure on how many times it blinks, Il check tomorrow. Alright and thanks! any special tips to remove the fuel pump unit?

Originally Posted by mnguyen84

I smelled my oil, it didn't smell strong of gas, but I could def tell there was a some gas smell, So does that mean fuel pressure regulator? if so do you still have yours for sale

Last edited by regener8ed; 06-14-2012 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Merged posts
Old 06-14-2012, 04:17 AM

Does it bog while riding?

Old 06-14-2012, 06:33 AM

Yea that's the only time. Idles fine. Its just when I'm riding real slow

Old 06-14-2012, 08:11 AM

I have my airbox off and when I turned my bike to on (not start) the fi light blinked 9 fast times. Also I took the lower hose ( not the gas tank side) end of the pressure regulator off and turned ignition on, It wasn't leaking any, so that means my pressure regulator would be good?

Quick Reply: F4i problem :(