F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i HID connection problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 02:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CaBaRet
Hi where's the connection to the bikes harness, could you lay the whole thing down and take a picture
This is last pic I took of the front harness but what I did was remove the ballast on the right and just tried connecting the new wires to where the old ballast wires went blue and green in this case

Old 11-26-2017, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi the kit you got should have been plug and play, I would go back to connecting the Harness that came with the kit and go from there

Old 11-27-2017, 12:05 AM

Hi the kit you got should have been plug and play, I would go back to connecting the Harness that came with the kit and go from there
I don’t think anything on the bike was plug and play the hids were connected to a ballast that was hard wired to the bike

Old 11-27-2017, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator

Back to the drawing board, think it might be best , at least while your bikes in this state to set up the HID's away from the bike , set them up on a bench as if their on the bike get the battery charged and connect to the battery , they are going to need a full 12v to work , once you know they work like that transfer them to the bike, but you will need the engine running to operate, maybe put this job aside until you get the bike running

Old 11-27-2017, 12:53 AM

Back to the drawing board, think it might be best , at least while your bikes in this state to set up the HID's away from the bike , set them up on a bench as if their on the bike get the battery charged and connect to the battery , they are going to need a full 12v to work , once you know they work like that transfer them to the bike, but you will need the engine running to operate, maybe put this job aside until you get the bike running
alright so I should connect the hids to the battery itself is what you’re saying

Old 11-27-2017, 12:58 AM
Super Moderator

Yes but away from the bike, they need a full charge or wont start, watch out for the bulbs , don't let them touch anything

Old 11-27-2017, 01:09 AM
Super Moderator

Here's why your light went off after connecting

Old 11-27-2017, 11:35 AM

Here's why your light went off after connecting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzYvQO93Hes
the problem though is that my light won’t even come on for as long as his did before it shut off. Mine just flickers. I even tried connecting it to the battery and it’s the same thing. Could it be that the light is just bad?

Old 11-27-2017, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

Needs good battery power to stay on, had you connected the new ballast too, but really think this is a job for when the bike is up and running, that way you get all the power you need

Old 11-27-2017, 11:54 AM

Needs good battery power to stay on, had you connected the new ballast too, but really think this is a job for when the bike is up and running, that way you get all the power you need
yea the battery was fully charged when I did it and the ballast was hooked up so I’ll just wait till the bike is fully running

Quick Reply: F4i HID connection problems