F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

brake lights???

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake lights???

Hey im new to this site as well as the 2 wheel world!! i just sold my civic and bought an 06 600f4i, it has aftermarket led rear lights and i seem to have a problem with the rear foot break activating the break lights, it only works when i pull the front.....any help would be great but its my 1st bike and im new to it so plz try and explain as easy as possible.thanx.....oh and 1 more thing it has a Yoshimura exhaust is it normal for it 2 shoot flames out when u rev high??? im thinking its running rich

Old 12-04-2010, 07:51 PM

There is a small plastic cylinder type thing behind the heel guard. It has a spring in it, with a rod connected to the brake pedal and should have threads on the outside and a small nut. Just adjust this til your brake light turns on(hint)- screw the nut out so the cylinder is further away from the petal.

btw i SUCK at explaining things

Old 12-04-2010, 08:06 PM

Redz is on the right track, you need to test the switch to see it it is working. if the light works with the front brake I would definatley say the problem is some where around the foot pedal. Either the switch has failed or it is simpley out of adjustment. you should be able to pull the linkage with your fingers and activate the light. Hopfully it will be simple and you can figure it out fairly easy. if not keep posting, we will help you to figure it out.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:11 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Either the switch has failed or it is simpley out of adjustment. you should be able to pull the linkage with your fingers and activate the light.
That's the best place to start. It's likely in the switch.

On the fire out the exhaust thing... yes, it's running rich. Maybe an o2 sensor thing? In cali? Is the bike running normally otherwise? Is it only when you first start the bike or is it all the time? (after it's warm)

Old 12-05-2010, 02:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, if he snaps the throttle shut at high revs, it may do that. Happens in MotoGP. But that's different :P.

Welcome aboard, and I'd like to think we all know what we're talking about when it comes to these bikes.

Old 12-05-2010, 01:43 PM

Well i took a look and i think the last owner may have f@#ked it up!! he dropped it on a right turn and theres slight damage and i just noticed the heal rest is bend inward a bit so maybe thats the problem. Im taken it to honda just b4 the season starts to get a once over so ill just let them figer it out and explain what i gatta do..as for the fire out the exhaust i've only noticed it when i was showing my buddy my bike and was reving it so he can here it..Thanx for the reply's..Im used to civics and this is nothing like a car nor is this forum like the one i go 2..thanx for speaking english lol you should have seen the reply i got in my local civic forum

Last edited by eastbound416; 12-05-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The drop my have just knocked something loose, but I'm sure the switch is fine. Mines been 'down' a few times on the right side, and it STILL works.

As far as flames, if you're starting it cold, and just gettin' on it, it's probably rich. Even more so if it does it riding. How to fix that, I have no idea :P

Old 12-09-2010, 01:44 PM

Hey Redz, question for you thats off this topic..Ive posted in another forum with only a "look at youtube" response, you seem to know what your talking about so im wondering do you know any sites that i can download some good fulkl lengh stunt videos or just motorcycle vids period for free? names etc... i live in canada so its cold and imposible to ride so id like to spend my winter learning anything possible, youtube is cool but id rather watch pro vids than ppl that whip out there bored camera lol...thanx bro