F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Frame Slider Questions

Old 12-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frame Slider Questions

Since its winter now im starting to work on the bike. The next thing on my list is frame sliders. I know this has been covered a million times already but I want the best frame sliders out there and I dont care about cost too much. From what ive read the no cut sliders suck and dont work so thats out and I understand that these only protect the frame not the fairings. With that being said Ive done alot of searching on these and it seems on one forum I read how great one brand of frame sliders are then in another forum I read about the same frame sliders snapping off from just falling off the kick stand... So I would like to hear from your actual experience with certain types of frames sliders and what worked best. Also I decided to use a laser when installing but what size hole should be drilled? Are different sliders different sizes? Any tips when installing? Any tips and info is always very much appreciated! Thanks!

Old 12-08-2010, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by MuscleswitCBR
So I would like to hear from your actual experience with certain types of frames sliders and what worked best. Also I decided to use a laser when installing but what size hole should be drilled? Are different sliders different sizes? Any tips when installing? Any tips and info is always very much appreciated! Thanks!
My t-rex sliders did good in a 25 mph lowside last month. But had I been going much faster they wouldn't hae done as good. Woodcraft is said to be the best sliders money can buy. Not sure on the hole size but just measure your sliders and buy an appropriate size holesaw. As far as tips...
Laser method with masking tape to protect your paint/hole edges! GL and keep us posted!

Old 12-08-2010, 11:08 PM
July 2010 ROTM

youre gonna hear both sides for each product. people r generally really biased. i like the trex ones tho. its what i use and will continue to use. woodcraft r always considered good as well i just dont like paying for them. oes i hear has good ones too and r less expensive.

Old 12-09-2010, 05:19 AM

After looking at a few different sliders and seeing some reviews i decided to get the woodcraft ones, to me they were worth the few extra $

Old 12-09-2010, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Monkeh
After looking at a few different sliders and seeing some reviews i decided to get the woodcraft ones, to me they were worth the few extra $
best frame sliders on the market in my opininon. I've put them to the test twice. The first was at about 80 mph, the second was around 60mph.

Both times, no damage to the frame, no cracks in the stator cover and slight damage to the plastics.

Both times I bent the engine mounting bolt, but they did the job properly.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:08 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Old 12-09-2010, 01:33 PM

Those crashpads look pretty sweet Z. Anyone tested them yet?

Old 12-09-2010, 01:34 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

i think i read a review somewhere ranking them #1 but i dont remember where lol how the eyes feelin jp

Old 12-09-2010, 02:27 PM

Pretty good now. They were a little rough last night again after a long day of use but i'll survive :P

Old 12-09-2010, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by __Z__
i think i read a review somewhere ranking them #1 but i dont remember where lol how the eyes feelin jp
I actually originally picked up a set of these LSL sliders for my bike, the only problem is they mount in the engine mount above the stator only so if you have holes drilled in the regular spot you would end up with 2 sets... but if you have / get delkevic plastics your set.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Frame Slider Questions