F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Anyone Ever Wired Up A SPY Remote Start/Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I finally brought my bike to where I am staying right now and man it feels good to be riding again. Got a chance to test out the distance I get with the spy 5000m alarm.

Here is a picture sitting inside my room looking out towards the bike. The bike is on the far side of the building in the parking lot. A good 50 feet past the building on other side.
Name:  P1080276.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  139.8 KB

I still get 2 out of 4 bars signal from here. So if someone messes with the bike the keyfob will alert me so I can run over there to find out whats up. This was my main reason for getting it so it will serve its purpose right. Now we just need to figure out the remote start wiring.

Mahoney88 did you ever take your bike to the shop??

Old 03-15-2010, 07:20 PM

heck no.. I'm gonna take it to a place for security systems .. I have a place called toms cb that does that kind of stuff. These bike shops around here don't have a clue about putting these systems on. Both local shops have never even put a security system or remote start on a bike and I thought it was best to tell them not to mess with the wiring on my bike if they didn't know what they were doing.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jondevos
Well I finally brought my bike to where I am staying right now and man it feels good to be riding again. Got a chance to test out the distance I get with the spy 5000m alarm.

Here is a picture sitting inside my room looking out towards the bike. The bike is on the far side of the building in the parking lot. A good 50 feet past the building on other side.

I still get 2 out of 4 bars signal from here. So if someone messes with the bike the keyfob will alert me so I can run over there to find out whats up. This was my main reason for getting it so it will serve its purpose right. Now we just need to figure out the remote start wiring.

Mahoney88 did you ever take your bike to the shop??
Any word on battery drain while the bike sits?

I have a Spy 5000m sitting on the shelf right now but I'm not sure if I'll install it. Don't like not having shock sensitivity

Old 03-15-2010, 07:27 PM

Cant comment too much on battery drain as of yet. Just put the battery back in the bike on friday and have have driven it only twice since. The battery was completely dead when I pulled it out of the bike last month and charged it on a 2am slow charge for only an hour. Needless to say the battery was pretty slow to crank the bike over when I started it right after putting it back in but after a short 5 min jaunt its been fine. Ill update more on that when I can.

When it comes to sensitivity I just played with where I had it in the bike. I found the perfect spot was right behind the tail lights stuck to the bottom with provided double sided tape. Doesnt move and a decent knock or lift the bike off stand will set it up. Havnt had a car or truck set it off yet so so far so good.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:12 PM

yeah i have mine in the tail and i need to turn it down trucks and buses set it off all the time, but as for the battery drain, i have not noticed any at all. i have had mine installed for about 2 years now with no problems, i did use a tender all the time but for the last 2 months i have not used a tender at all and still no problems. but i am not going to mess with the remote start because i have read horror stories about the pink wire and having to use resistors and all that good stuff. good luck to you.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:15 PM

hey everyone.. I decided to trade my bike for another sports car. So I'm selling my system if anyone wants it.. Not even taken out of the box. message me or email me chris_mahoney88@hotmail.com

Old 03-25-2010, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mahoney88
hey everyone.. I decided to trade my bike for another sports car. So I'm selling my system if anyone wants it.. Not even taken out of the box. message me or email me chris_mahoney88@hotmail.com
There are 3 reasons you should not have posted that.

1) You just said you are trading your f4i for a sports car. I can no longer talk to you.

2) You were my hope for the remote start wiring portion and you let me down

3) You are suppose to have 100 posts on here before you can sell items.

haha, but in all seriousness, good luck with the sports car. What did you get? Im sure you wont have much problem getting rid of your alarm.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:31 PM

haha.. well someone offered me a 2003 Honda Civic with body kit and a lot of upgrades to the engine. I'll probably be back on the forum next year . I'll be getting a newer Honda bike. Hopefully a 1000RR