F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Anyone Ever Wired Up A SPY Remote Start/Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 11:06 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Ever Wired Up A SPY Remote Start/Alarm

I am thinking about purchasing one for my motorcycle so I can pre warm it at school, work and home before i take off i just wanted to know if anyone has done one or one similar? How complicated is it and do they have any tips?

Thanks guys

Old 03-02-2010, 01:02 PM

i have a spy alarm and hooked up every feature except the remote start. it just does not seem like a good idea, you have to by pass the kickstand switch and get some relays, it is some work there are already a few write ups on the topic in the forum just use the search button.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by ars1986
i have a spy alarm and hooked up every feature except the remote start. it just does not seem like a good idea, you have to by pass the kickstand switch and get some relays, it is some work there are already a few write ups on the topic in the forum just use the search button.
i did i just didnt know if they were all pretty much the same or if one was easier than another or whatnot

Old 03-02-2010, 01:13 PM

they are all pretty much the same. most alarms come with a little diagram to help with the install, they are not that bad. you should be ok but if you have any questions while installing it just hit me up and i can help you out

Old 03-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Remote start is a bad idea. You'll have to bypass both the neutral and kickstand safeties. Which then relies on your memory of whether you left it in gear.

Old 03-02-2010, 04:21 PM

yup that is why i did not hook up that feature of my system, but i got everything else hooked up

Old 03-02-2010, 04:35 PM

i always leave my bike in neutral so im not to worried about it

the whole reason i plan on installing it is because of the remote start... so i can start it from in my apartment and from inside school and let it prewarm before i get out to it

Old 03-02-2010, 04:43 PM

i will help you the best i can, to hook it up. i just left mine off one because of accidently leaving it in gear and two i live in FL not much a need to prewarm every time

Old 03-02-2010, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by ars1986
i will help you the best i can, to hook it up. i just left mine off one because of accidently leaving it in gear and two i live in FL not much a need to prewarm every time
hey thanks man... ya here during the summer alot of the time when i ride to school its 40's-50's by the time i get out its like 90 it blows.... and it i just at a relay i could prolly set it up so if the bike isnt in neutral the remote start wont work... if i was really worried about it

Old 03-02-2010, 07:29 PM

I have the spy 5000m on mine. Only the alarm portion is hooked up though. The alarm part is very easy to do. Shouldnt take you much more than an hour. That includes beer drinking time. I plan on hooking up the remote start but have yet to figure out the wiring completely. I have some figured out but until it is completely figured out Im not hooking it up. Search my name and you should find a thread I made on it with some useful info and pictures to get you started. If anyone knows more about the remote start, feel free to post it so we can all get the remote start working.

Quick Reply: Anyone Ever Wired Up A SPY Remote Start/Alarm