F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

AFTER A CRASHED BIKE AND CASTED FOOT

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 11:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AFTER A CRASHED BIKE AND CASTED FOOT

thanks for the goodluck stoic, im almost there.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:44 PM

anyone else have a story about crashing??
haha i want to hear some crazy sh*t?? like missing that bed on the freeway
man that must have just been insane to see coming at you!
can anyone top that??

Old 07-02-2008, 04:22 PM

I always thought that if I crashed, I would hop back on my bike (if it were ridable) like nothing happened, until I actually crashed....

I was racing B superstock and started in the 5th row which was spaced back from the fourth row (Rows 1-4, space, 5-how many ever rows there were), the 1 board went sideways and i was ready to go.... When the green flag dropped, we all were rail'n off the grid and I immediatley caught up to the first pack (rows 1-4) off the start and as soon as i caught up to them I was right behind two guys. The guy on the right, who was talking to me in the paddock before the race, hit the guy on the left causing him to loose control of his back and go down, at this point we were in 2nd gear, somewhere between 90-110mph, dont know cause i didn't look down, i just remembered what the engine sounded like.... but as he went down his bike was to the right of me and he was directly in front of me slidding, and him and the bike were slidding to the right so I got pushed over. I got on the front brake hard and my bike endo'd up so i let off a little bit and when i let off i remember seeing his neck right in front of my wheel so i leaned left and clipped his bike (right as we were getting ready to go under the bridge entrance into the track) cause i didn't want to hit him.... my bike went into a tank slapper and i hit the grass then the pit entrance and thought I had saved it but i guess not.... over the handle bars I went, head first onto the pavement.... I remember seeing black and a really bright flash in my eyes and the next thing i knew I was standing up cussing at the guy (which was knocked out cause he hit the tire wall) so i felt bad about it afterwards....

So after the wreck, i went back to the paddock on the trailer, fixed the bike because I had the C Superstock race a little bit after that race.... as my teamate and i were getting ready to take the warm up lap for the C superstock race, I told him "dude honestly, im a little scared, that shook me up" but after the warm up lap we were stagging on the grid and I told myself "put that behind you, you did the best that you could do in that situation.... when the green flag drops, just go all out".... so the green flag dropped and i went all out.... on the 4 or 5th lap out of 8, I was 13th out of 40 and my freakin battery died in the carasel (at Nelson's Ledges Ohio), man was a pissed, but I was having the race of my life.... so I DNF

It did teach me to be careful on the street because:
1.) Im not always wearing a 1-pc suit
2.) When you slide and go off the road, theres not always a nice open greenspace to slide, theres prob. trees, houses, parked cars, etc.
3.) Gaurdrails have no mercy on you unlike the nicer tire walls
4.) Not everybody is going the same direction, Me going 55 and car coming at me going 55 = 110mph head on into a brick wall basically
and
5.) EMS isn't less than a minute away from where you wreck incase you need medical attention

I got a concusion from the wreck and i couldn't rotate my head left and right for about a week, but it kinda went away, right here lately my neck has started to hurt in the same spot when I look left and right, hope its not a permanent injury....

becareful and ride safe fellas

Old 07-03-2008, 02:44 AM

i got into a crash yesterday. Only my 3rd week of riding too. I was minding my own business when a lady in a BMW switched over to my lane and hit me with her fender. A car going the opposite direction had to swivel out of the way in order to avoid running me over, by doing so he hit another car. The bike took most of the damages. I only got 2 scratch. The lady in the BMW ran away. Crazy right? she hit someone on a motocycle, saw him went down, cause 2 other cars to get hit and ran away. She didn't run away right away, she sat there for like a min or two then ran away. I didn't get her plate because i just sat down on the street right afterwards in awe of what happened. Bike was pretty damaged, but i drove it home an hour later.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:44 PM

wow thanks for sharing guys!
pretty crazy stories, but it looks like all of them have a good out come after all is said and done
speaking of all is said and done got the cast off today and im trying on my dancing shoes for the first time in a month, im stoked
but first its off to the honda dealer to repair my front end......
thanks for everyones interest in this message
i got alot of good advice and lots of people incuraging me to do what i love, and thats riding my f4i
i hope every one who reads this will be reminded that bad things can and will happen if your not careful
i mean just a normal days ride can wind up changing your entire life.
so love it and respect it always
please ride safe all....
let me know if this has helped you out at all
i know it has givin me new eyes for riding so i guess it was a success!
woot!!

-radvoem