crashed bike today

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 01:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crashed bike today

So about a few hours ago, on the way home, I got in an accident with my bike. I really don't remember exactly what happen; but, all that I know is that I panic and locked the rear brakes then the front brakes. The last think I do remember was a car drove into my lane during a lean. I hit the side walk and felt of bike and luckily it was a soft landing on the grass. But, my upper fairings are damaged and right side mirro as well. The damage was only on the right side as far as I can see.
Any how this is my question. I do you check if the forks, handle bars, and wheels are not bent? By the way it's a 06 CBR RR.
Also were can I get a complete replacement that cheaper then the factory piece?
I kinda what a complete fairs for street with a race bike look like the repsol.

Thanks for any help

Old 06-04-2006, 01:45 AM
Default RE: crashed bike today

whoa... sorry to hear about that. were you wearing gear? glad you're okay though. not sure how to check if the items you listed are bent or straight. other than visually inspect them - i'd say you'd have to take 'em to a shop/dealer for closer inspection.

Old 06-04-2006, 02:41 AM

man I am sorry to hear about that. Definitely take it to the shop and have them visually inspect it. Don't take any chances. DAMN CAGERS!!!!

Old 06-04-2006, 04:19 AM

Hey thanks CBRMADNESS and cbr04. I'm gonna send it to the dealer and have it checked out. I just hate to pay $150.00 just to remove the fairings and visually inspect the frame and other componets when I can do it myself. But where can I purchase replacement fairings

Old 06-04-2006, 09:49 AM

Heartbreaking....
was it your fault or the drivers fault? will insurance cover it?

Old 06-04-2006, 10:49 AM

sorry to hear about ur accident, glad ur okay. Try ebay for the replacement parts, thats where we get all our parts from.

Old 06-04-2006, 11:55 AM

Yea, I'm happy you came out of it unharmed...the bike is easily fixed...take it easy and be careful dude!

Old 06-04-2006, 02:02 PM

we all need to remember to ware gear and be careful it can happen in a heart beat. hear one min gone the next. glad you fine, the bike can be fixed.

Old 06-04-2006, 11:28 PM

Hey thanks for very one for your comments. Now my wife wants me to sell the bike. I really don't want too. I fix it now and see how she feels about riding again.
But does any know where I can buy a replica, race look for the street fairing, and that it's already painted?

Old 06-05-2006, 03:15 AM

I dont know about buying a set like that, but you could always get your replacement plastics wherever is cheapest, paint your bike and use a graphic kit from somewhere like tapeworks.com and alloutgraphics.com... they have all kinds of kits. Can either get a pre-made one or the materials to make one yourself.

glad your alright, hope everything goes well,

Chris

Quick Reply: crashed bike today