F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

What did you do to your F2 Today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 12:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sand.Man
JTKardel, I would fear for my life on that bike at 150 lol!
Haha, so did I. Frankly I'd fear for my life on any bike at that speed. Without a Speedo or a windscreen, and with earplugs in, it's really hard to get an idea of how fast you're going. When you're just trying to keep up with crazy guys on Aprillia RSV4 Factory's and R1's, you tend to lose track of your velocity. That was retarded though.

Last few days, I haven't do anything to my F2. I've done a bunch of work on my girlfriend's F2 though: I Cleaned the carbs, adjusted the pilot screws, put on a new headlight and put on a H4 connector again, put on a key switch and changed oil/Filter. Hopefully that's the end of it for a little while.

Old 06-06-2010, 06:26 PM

Did first carb sync today. Went pretty well. Number 4 still not at average temperature of other cylinders (at exhaust header). Probably pull carbs and clean *again* this week. She started running rich with new stock air filter, so put k&n back in today too. saga continues,....

Old 06-06-2010, 08:25 PM

I put a fox racing shock into my bike. It seems really nice, although it's sprung for some one a bit lighter than me! I'll be ordering a race-tech spring for it soon. I'm also hoping to dig up some F3 forks to mix with the F2 ones I have to get some cartridge style adjustable shocks!

Old 06-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

didn't know this thread existed, but I had been keeping a log until I get my F2 on the road. I'll just post my list here:

What I did today:

5/25 – purchased bike

5/26 – stared at it a bit, ordered new front brake lever.

5/27 – removed rear sides, figured out seat bolts on. Explored.

5/28 – checked baffle – missing half the packing. Insured the bike. $4.79/mo liability.

5/29 – noticed chain is stretched beyond specs.

5/30 – removed fairings/tank. Found mouse nest on top of engine- removed. Found k&n filter installed – cleaned and re-oiled. Found advanced timing rotor already installed. Someone loved this bike once. Uninstalled the blue LED kit. Removed right rearset – began process of straightening the rear brake pedal.

5/31 – continued rear pedal fix. Straightened shifter.

6/1 – Fabricated spring-loaded seat release system. Got my APE CCT in the mail. Ordered a buncha crap:
  • Windscreen – HK
  • LED turns for rear
  • Frame sliders
  • Throttle cable set
  • Clutch cable
  • Replacement rearview mirrors
  • Packing kit for pipe
  • New grips

6/2 – took a break for a night.

6/3 – removed front plastics, lifted bike, removed wheels. Found bent front rim. Noticed bike is geared 14/43 – might be part of why chain is so long.

6/4 – New tires installed. Pulled the swingarm n chain. Everything is filthy. Scraped and cleaned the bike all afternoon. Washed and degreased. Spic and span.

6/5 – continued cleaning. Touched up frame paint. Cut a link out of the old chain n kerosene bath. Pulled the airbox, carbs & replaced the throttle linkages. Found one CDI unit just flopping around – bought hardware to reinstall it. Right clipon is slightly bent.

6/6 – re-removed the airbox and carbs to reroute one of the throttle cables. Fashioned a new breather filter. Washed random parts, wheels, front fender. Waxed the wheels and fender. Painted the kickstand and reinstalled it.

6/7 - installed new grips, pulled shifter for touchup paint and straightening a little more.

Last edited by adrenalnjunky; 06-07-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:32 PM

You didn't slap that bent front rim back on did you??

Old 06-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JesseAwesome
You didn't slap that bent front rim back on did you??
It's not as bad as it sounds, my shop guy took a good look at it when mounting the new tire. Balanced fine and the wheel itself is straight, it's the sidewall has a touch of bulge to it.

Once I get the bike put back together, I'll see what it feels like. If I feel anything, I'll ship it to a wheel straightener to fix it. Plannig on using these guys:

http://www.framestraightsystem.com/M...20Pictures.htm