Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I Took Her Out Today!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Took Her Out Today!

Well, I did it, I took her for a quick blast. 50 degrees out today, couldn't resist. but I did pay a small price. I was in the tuck going through the gears when I felt something climbing up my back. "The F is that?" oh, it's my rear seat, it's now tumbling down the highway! it's got road rash all over now. getta buy some more vinyl and redo it. she's also filthy now! dam puddles every where. but, I got my fix, I'm good for another 2 weeks!

Old 03-07-2009, 08:12 PM

Oh man........I always have been paranoid about the seat being fastened.....Now I know what happens.... sorry to hear it but like you said, at least you got to ride....

Old 03-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Default 1

Haha...yeah, kinda freaked me out at first, I'm doing a buck twenty and all of a sudden somethings feeling me up! I just got all excited about going for a ride and didn't pay attention to hearing the seat click in. kinda funny though how as soon as I tucked in it sucked right up my back.

But yeah, got to ride. took it easy for the most part cause there's a sht load of dirt on the pavement, but felt good. so strange what a bike can do for the brain!

Old 03-07-2009, 09:24 PM

I've had mine out for a few days now....Just hit the redline on the tach today for the first time ever..... All I can say is: Son of a ............... that thing is wicked!!! LOL
Sure feels good for pre springtime....lol

Old 03-07-2009, 09:45 PM

had mine out yesterday running around, would have had it out today but I had the kids. O well I'll get plenty of seat time in once spring is here.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Default Rod38

Ah yes, Red-line for the first time...it's a kick in the *** aint it! to be honest with you, it took me some time to get up there too. the thing was so fast and so strong that hitting 8,000 was just fine with me at the time! couldn't believe I still had more to go. it took me a while just to realize I was ONLY hitting 8 or 9 thou my eyes were so glued to the road, and even though they were wiiiiiide open...I still couldn't look down at the tach. I just kept thinking..."Oh this is just rediculous!".
Today I did a nice little power wheelie and didnt even come close to redline, but it was enough to make me smile and that was the goal for today, to stay upright, make some noise, and smile. goal accomplished!

Great to here you've been riding a little, good for you, be careful.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Default 1

Oh good for you frozenP! come ooooon Spring time!!!

Old 03-08-2009, 06:55 PM

took mine out yesterday for the first time this year man it felt good but it didn't fail in my 20 mile ride i had a guy on the side of the road doing the do a wheelie wave with his arm

Old 03-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

apparently, losing the rear seat is a pretty common thing. I recall going through some craiglist ads and seeing bikes listed w/o rear seats. I always thought the bikes were in some accident, and it all just a weak excuse to cover that up.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Default 1

I took mine out again today, can't believe what a big fat deal that is to me now, so stupid but it is.

Yep, ya getta love the bystanders..."Pop a wheelie, Pop a wheelie". I even get the ones on the highway when I'm cruisin at 90-95, making the wheely jesture with there hand. I'm thinkin to myself "Hey, I may look all cool and sh**, but do ya see the size of this itty bitty sprocket??".

And yeah 84, I guess it is a common thing with the seats. I was telling my buddy in Arizona about it and he says "Oh yep...the rear seat trick". his actually stuck to his back until he slowed way down. not mine, mine went up my back and was airborne so far I didn't find the dam thing until I came back in my truck to look for it. it went by on my left side apparently while I was looking right for a place to turn around, and it was about 400 feet past where I turned around.

Quick Reply: I Took Her Out Today!