F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

my f2 shut off 3 times while riding :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 09:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default my f2 shut off 3 times while riding :(

Hows it going fellow riders. Well today I encountered a very strange problem with my f2 and wondered if it has ever did this to anyone else. Well where I live it gets really hot during the summer and today was kind of one of those days. We were at 105 degrees today and well I started my f2 ready to go to work. It all seemed fine, nothing strange. As I get the interstate about 5 minutes in, my bikes started to bog out, kind of when your running out of fuel. I was kind of at mid throttle then it started to shut down and I gave it more gas but the bike did not respond to it so I started leaning towards the shoulder of the road and it was starting to shut down so I started to start it with the speed I was still at but nothing until I came to a complete stop. I started to crank it afterwards but the bike would just shut off, my oil pressure gauge was fin, I had enough fuel almost 3/4 of a tank left, my temp. gauge was at 1/2-3/4 so it was not overheating. I sat there for about 20 minutes and then I tried to crank it again and it turned on and I took off, but it only lasted about 5-10 minutes before it did the same thing again. This happened 3 times until I got to work and I never solved the problem. I am running 10 W 30 oil weight, dude I think that maybe the oil sensor made the bike shut off because the oil didn't have enough viscosity. I'm thinking about changing it to 20w 30 to see if that makes a difference, unless this has happened to one of you guys and you can give me a reason for something like this to happen. I'll check the rectifier when I got off the bike and it was pretty hot, you guys think that maybe it would have caused this problem to happen because again it was 104 degrees outside, I have a gixxer rectifier though.

Thanks for any help guys it is really much appreciated. Oh and sorry for the long story haha

Old 04-21-2013, 09:12 AM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My first suspect would be the r/r. Do a search and you'll find some handy links/how-to's/etc. on testing diagnostics for the charging/electrical system.

This sounds more related to electrical, rather than cooling/lubrication issues, to me.

Hope this helps, Ern