F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

It's finally running!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's finally running!!

I am not sure if this belongs in this part of the forum or not, but I wanted to pass along a HUGE thank you to very one has posted information and how to advice here, my 1994 cbr 600 f2 is finally running right! For two years I have struggled to get my bike running properly and it seems that with your help the day is finally here for me to test it out.

From issues with idle to stalling out under throttle, fuel supply issues and a whole score of other less than pleasant things. I'll be taking it out this afternoon and fingers crossed I am finally done.

Again a massive thank you to all of you for your help!

Much luv,

Red

Old 09-05-2011, 09:47 PM

Great to hear everything is running 100%! I myself have been going through some issues, and have been dealing with some ghosts in the machine...

So how did everything end up getting sorted out?

Old 09-06-2011, 09:19 AM

Well really it comes down to just enough informationa and a keen ear.
The poor bike sat for about a year because I just did not have the time to look at it, but even when I first got it, it never ran quite right.

The first issue I had was getting it started after sitting that long, I drained all the gas out of the tank and carbs cleaned it out made sure the battery was charged. Nothing. On a hunch I cleaned up a lot of the electrical connections and tidied up the wiring and that seemed to help.

So then it ran, sort of. the idle was horribly rough and I couldn't get the rpm's past 2000. I took the carbs off and cleaned them again, making sure I got absolutely everything clean and checked the rubber and I put them back on. It helped a little, but it still died under throttle.

So I read more about how to blance and tune my carbs but with no manometer or even access to an external Tach as the honda manual suggested my roomie and I just kinda winged it listening to the rpms and adjusting little by little till it started to sound right again.

SO really I guess it comes down to dumb luck. That seemed to work, and now; sadly at the end of the season, it idles beautifully and no longer stalls under throttle. I don't think I am out of the woods just yet it looks like I may want to replace the fork seals still but that will have to wait for next season! In the mean time I am working on repairing the very bashed up fairings that came with the bike I will post pictures of that when I get done with it!

Again a big thank you to all you guys, this is by far the best resource I have found yet!

Red

Old 09-06-2011, 12:09 PM

Congrats on getting the bike running right. i'm hoping I'm at the end of my two month ordeal with my carb problem. I found that using the dremel type tool to cut slots in the air mixture screws was a great idea from someone. Allows very minor adjustments even while the carbs are on the bike.

Old 09-06-2011, 12:14 PM

u can get a laser outside tach for like 12 bucks.. cheers on fixing the bike maybe its easier to do by ear who knows

Old 09-07-2011, 07:13 PM

MikeInCtown,

I whole heartedly agree, making those grooves with the dremmel tool was totally worth it and worked so well. I hope you get your carb issues sorted out! I definitely feel your frustration.

Best of luck,

Red

Old 09-08-2011, 09:26 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Btw how did you adjust the carbs while the bike was running. I mAde the grooves but afraid to burn my hand lol

Old 09-09-2011, 04:00 PM

It was not easy to do but it helps that I am a woman and have small hands and a really little screwdriver. I came very close to burning myself a couple times but thankfully my stupidity didn't bite me in the behind this time around!

Red

Old 09-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^^i hate you lol