New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Finally back up and Running

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 12:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally back up and Running

Hey everyone... well i guess you can call me new, i have been riding for about 3 years and 7 months ago i had the pleasure of going out and finacing a Dealer upgraded bike.... this thing was BAD!! different diablo tires, stainless brake lines, frame sliders, differentair filters, windscreen it was a beauty....

So over the next 9 days i LOVE it 1000RR honda red..... what a bike greatpower and stablilty.. well day number 10 i get dragged out with my buddies into this canyon and all day carve the canyon.. so it's about 10:30 pm and i have to get home i gotta work the next dayso we head home. there is a pack of 6 of us and i'm leading the last three on a rode i haven't ridden before and i have a freaking night visor... well next thing i now i go around a corner and mis judge the apex and don't get the proper... panic......... grab the front brake........ and stand the bike up in themiddle of the turn..... jam on the back break...cross the line and fly off the road into theditch. i go down a 4 foot ditch with rocks about 30-45 mph.... the nose of the bike went first and up the other side if the ditch and the bike looped over backwards, i was only on the bike the first revolution after that i fell anshattered my right wrist the bone popped out and everything!! after everything stopped i opened my eyes hear the bike running 3-4 feet away from me i flip my visor up crawl out of the ditch PISSED!! **** ROOKIE CRAP MISTAKES !!! amazed for falling in a t shirt and jeans i wasn't banged up more.... but wow you should see my arai helmet.....

yesterday my bestfriend convinced me to actually go over and get the thingrunningi have been taking off farings and trying to get it running. it ripped off my clutch resivor so since i'm retarded and can't bleed the clutch this guy reccomends that i get it moving and pop it into 2nd gear to as least get it to my house.... and OMG it ****ing worked!!! you don't even know how good it felt to ride it again... i need all new farings but there isn't a scartch on the fram nor motor the swingarm and a little gash in it but nothing bad..... I'll be on here more and more trying to learn about this beast..

Old 03-14-2007, 12:35 PM
Default RE: Finally back up and Running

You were in Gods hands on this one!!!! great job recovering. Hope you get healed up brother. sorry to hear about this.

Take care and keep me posted on your recover from the wrist damage!

gotta love the honda! You can't kill it!

Old 03-14-2007, 12:58 PM

Yea i actually sell health insurance so i was pretty taken care of i have plate 10 screws a cable and 2 pins in my wrist.... haha i'm like Home depots hardware dept.

Other than some nasty scarage i'm pretty back to normal... now if i can just lean on it for extended periods of time that will be a different story .. i have almost full motion so i guess you can call it my speed limitor. as for the honda.... if i could freaking figure out how to bleed the clutch i could ride the bike... but maybe i'm retarded when it comes to that

Old 03-14-2007, 11:50 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

dude ! glad to see you took my advice and are getting more active on the forum. just incase anyone is wondering im the best friend who yelled @ his lazy *** to get his bike going lol ... his accident was pretty bad but by the grace of god he wasnt hurt that bad , i think more his pride and his wallet more than his wrist haha anyway bro glad to see your safe and soon we'll be tearin up the street and the canyons together again just like how we did when we had our cars lol