F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

Ideas on getting my bike inside my apartment

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 12:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JNS, I have the fairings all ready to mount up but I'm also thinking about going nekked and using a very attractive fiberglass underbelly from a local shop and repainting the tank to match it. I also want to fab up a tail, bob the subframe and modify the seat. So I think the fairings would best go to someone who wants to restore their bike to how it was at the factory.

The thing is part of me wants to restore it to the classic early 90's look and go completely stock on the outside and just switch some components to improve the performance and also do away with a bunch of the extra metal that it has, like you did. I like that route a lot, but at the same time, this bike is an opportunity to explore my abilities to create a unique build. I think I'm gonna go that route, just for the experience and because I'm the kind of kid who would build the lego kit by the book and then semi-intentionally destroy it in a space battle so that I could build something new.

If you want them back, by the way, (I know you wanted to restore them, maybe) let me know. I probably won't sell them right away. I was even thinking of reworking them majorly to create a lower half/underbelly but given the scarcity of good f2 fairings out there, I think I should sell them to the next guy instead.

I'll keep you posted for sure. As soon as I get things going I'll snap some pics

Thanks for the advice, all.

(edit: By the way, folks, if you haven't already, treat yourself to JNSRacing's f2 build thread. It's a fun read.)