Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Need help setting up my new apartment

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 08:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need help setting up my new apartment

So I'm moving to a new apartment and I have no idea how I am going to set it up. I was going to set it up the same way I have my old apt..but I need some change..but I can't think of any other good way of setting it up, so I thought I would ask for everyones input.

Name:  sugarhilllayoutcopy.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  39.7 KB

Red= tv stand with draws underneath. 42" LCD
Black= couch
brown= coffee table
2 purple next to couch(made one of the brown by accident)- end tables
blue= 2 book cases that are the same height as the couch
green- dining room table with 6 chairs

bedroom is self explanatory- queen size bed with 2 end tables and dresser/tv across from it.

The thing is...I have no use of the second bedroom. the second bedroom measurments are wrong.its the same size as the other bedroom but the room on the left has a balcony.

I'm trying to get some ideas before I move in tomorrow cause once that stuff is placed..I wont be able to move it by myself. maybe put the dining room table in the second bedroom? but then moving food in and out would be a hassle, but with the dining room table right outside the kitchen, I wont get to use that nice snackbar. I was thinking about putting bar stools right outside the snack bar, but then the dining room table would not fit.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:31 PM
Banned

I bet your mom or a girl could help you with the decorating and arrangement of your new apartment. Better than a bunch of dudes that ride motorcycles could. Theres a few girls on here that might chime in though??

Old 10-28-2010, 08:41 PM

lol..well I"m setting it up as a bachelor pad..if it was up to my mother or girlfriend..they'd had pretty pictures up and put like 15 throw pillows on my bed for decoration...maybe I can fit in a small bar

Old 10-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Banned

Simple but nice chit! Bachelor pad.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just FYI, not all girls have that decorating ability Or at least I don't. We just moved to our new place last month... I have it set up the same way the girl before me did and my mom had to help tell me where to hang things.

I assume you live alone? So how often do you really use the dining room table?

Old 10-28-2010, 09:38 PM
Banned

I assume you live alone? So how often do you really use the dining room table?[/quote]
No, I dont live alone and use the dining room table often. Need somewhere to play a few drinking games, often!!

Old 10-28-2010, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by thatsarachik
I assume you live alone? So how often do you really use the dining room table?
I know my roommates and I never use our dining room table. I eat at the counter most of the time but putting it in the bedroom would probably be a bad move.

Could you put it up against the wall so you lose a few places but they you might still have room for bar stools. If you have a large group over just pull it back out and get rid of the stools. Probly what I would do

Old 10-28-2010, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by rocketsauce035
I know my roommates and I never use our dining room table. I eat at the counter most of the time but putting it in the bedroom would probably be a bad move.

Could you put it up against the wall so you lose a few places but they you might still have room for bar stools. If you have a large group over just pull it back out and get rid of the stools. Probly what I would do
That's kinda sorta was I was getting at. I'm an eat in front of the TV kind of person, so if it were me I would put the table in the bedroom unless I was having company, then pull it out when needed. I guess if it's a big heavy awkward thing that could be a pain, though... so maybe just forget I said anything and go with this guy's idea.

And this probably makes absolutely no sense, but you could always use the second bedroom as your living room and use the living room as a dining room/"formal" living room.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:14 PM
Banned

Good point girl!! See you can arrange and decorate.

Old 10-29-2010, 01:21 AM

Race car bed,and bikes parked in the living room on a spinning pedestal with some chairs around it, you don't even need a tv then.

Quick Reply: Need help setting up my new apartment