CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

Performance

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 08:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance

Hi all,

I just brought a new 954RR (titanium) and I got deployed to Iraq (military thing). Money is stacking high and i want the best performance upgrades for my ride. Outside of the Power Commander, does anyone have any good sites to check gains from different exhaust systems on the 954? I am also interested in some aftermarket rims, not chrome. Chrome just doesn't match the blacked out look of the titanium. I am thinking the '05 CBR rims, glossy black. I have been looking to see what carbon fiber rims would look like.

Thanks

Old 01-20-2005, 12:12 AM
Default RE: Performance

first of all i would recomend agains the PC3r...since i put one on mine i haven't been able to tune it right and is actually robbing HP from my bike...i need to get it on a dyno and get it set up right...i also have the titanium color scheme and love it to death...i went with the high mount carbon fiber from Devil...i love it...because of the way the exhaust is set up on our bikes its difficult to find a nice match...i've heard u don't wanna mess with a full system because of the exhaust valve gets all messed up & is a hastle n isn't worth tryin to get a few more HP for the extra price...some offer a 3/4 setup that comes off the valve...mine had to be cut right before the Y part which i didn't do myself my father did while i was away...didn't seem to have any trouble however...i've also thought about some rims to reduce unsprung weight and i hate the typical 3 spoke forged wheel...i also like what a guy in the 1000rr forum did power coating his swingarm and rear sets black and will probably look into that...as for my HP outta the bike i have a K&N air filter but really haven't noticed the differences since i installed most of the parts all together n couldn't tell the suttlties...i also have a SCOTTS steering damper and love that...no more head shake while excellerating...some flush mounts in the rear & short stalk arrow head turn signals in the front cleaned her up pretty nice...the whole mud flap & rear turn signals come off pretty easily...i also added a corbin seat and love it...am thinking about front & rear carbon fiber fenders...there are so many pieces available and the color just begs to be pronounced...my only trouble is that dang PC3r and trying to get it set up right...the spring will bring about a dyno test...good luck man and be safe over there...thanks for fighting for us

Old 02-06-2005, 04:57 PM

Hey reevesna, Just bought the Devil SB2 carbon highmount 3/4 for my 02' 954. Haven't gotten it yet. You said you had to cut yours. I take it you bought the 1/2 system. Just curious. Was told that with the 3/4 it bolts on just after the HTEV valve. Not dificult to install at all. Looking forward to getting it. Let me know how it's working for ya. Thanks!

Old 02-10-2005, 03:26 AM

I'm lazy Can you send me the link to the Devil slip-on? Do they have sound files?

Old 04-01-2005, 02:26 AM

You should also check into getting a chain/ sprocket kit. Go one tooth down in the front and one up in the rear with a new chain. you can get great performance for very little $.

Old 04-19-2005, 02:41 AM

I don't know how much you want to spend but the akro full system is bye far the best system out there. I have an 02 954 with a k&n an akro full system and a power commander. I just got back from the dyno this weekend and my bike made 144hp and 77 foot lbs of torque. If money isn't a concern buy the akro it is worth it.

Old 04-23-2005, 03:36 AM

I've recently put a full Arata system on my 954 with a Power Commander USB, mapped she made 151HP.
With a filter I should get a few more and my chain is f***ed so that robs power as well.
Dont worry about the exhaust valve you just disconnect that from the servo and no probs!
The build quality of the Arata is second to none BUY one you wont be disapointed.

Old 04-23-2005, 01:55 PM

Speaking of the Exhaust Valve, I didn't know my bike had one until I went to install my new exhaust. I was facinated by the idea, because it's the first time I've ever seeno one. I would like to lern what exactly it does, and how it's controlled. If you guys have a link to a site that explains it or if someone wants to share their knowledge it would be great.

Old 04-24-2005, 03:05 AM
L8X

and you didnt buy from me??!?!?!?!?! [&o][&o][&o][&o] i'm hurt! [sm=boohoo.gif]

Old 04-25-2005, 01:19 AM

yeah i dunno why didn't just get the 3/4 system that bolts up to the HTEV...it was probably a money issue at the time but since i have put an enormous amount of cash into that god damn thing...also i didn't get a full system because i had read about problems with the HTEV being removed...anyway i am happy with what i have but there are always more and more improvements to be done...damn money pits...and for anyone interested i stand behind their products and yes they do have sound clips www.devilbikes.com