CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

H-vix valve and air box flapper

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 07:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remove the flapper. I dont have my snorkles removed though. I thought about cutting them down so there are no bends but decided against it due to water and such.....

Old 04-11-2011, 08:34 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Keep everything including the flapper and htev in the exhaust if you want your bike to run its best. I do alot of drag racing and did a little experiment last week. I removed the flapper and htev in the exhaust. Removing the flapper only made the intake louder which was annoying while riding. You are sitting directly over the airbox and all you hear is the increased intake roar. Removing the htev kills bottom end torque and power. Even using a map designed for removing the htev my bike had noticeable lag off the start at the drag strip. My sixty foot times dropped by about .2 tenths and so did my 1/8 and 1/4 mile times. So I reinstalled the flapper and htev and made sure both were adjusted perfect by the manual. First ride out on saturday evening and I was like why the hell did I mess with it to start with. The bike felt great again. No lag at all in the lower rpms. It was as smooth as ever. So I went bracket racing yesterday and the bike was awesome. I was back to normal with my launches because the bike took off perfect everytime. My sixty foot times were back to normal and bike just felt smoother all over. Unless you plan on spending the money on a custom tune to try and remove the flat spot in the lower rpm's leave your bike stock. I used to question why Honda put these systems in our bikes and now I understand why. They flat out run better with them.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:40 PM

I compensate for the low end bogg.... I got/am getting rid of certain unnecessary ****. From Conrice recommendations I bought a smog delete kit and servo motor eliminator. Just clears up the whole bike with those 2 parts. I love it!

Old 04-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by txsmainevent
I compensate for the low end bogg.... I got/am getting rid of certain unnecessary ****. From Conrice recommendations I bought a smog delete kit and servo motor eliminator. Just clears up the whole bike with those 2 parts. I love it!
I have a Hass Eliminator w/map for sale. Its in the for sale section if interested. It made my bike's exhaust sound better and may have been a little better on the top end but the loss of low/mid range power was too much for me. Even pulling out from a stop required more throttle and clutch which I did not like. Combine that with slower times at the drag strip and it had to go. I will just clean and adjust my HTEV every few months and so far the stock servo is still working at 25k miles.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by backdoc
I have a Hass Eliminator w/map for sale. Its in the for sale section if interested. It made my bike's exhaust sound better and may have been a little better on the top end but the loss of low/mid range power was too much for me. Even pulling out from a stop required more throttle and clutch which I did not like. Combine that with slower times at the drag strip and it had to go. I will just clean and adjust my HTEV every few months and so far the stock servo is still working at 25k miles.

If I get this 900RR exhaust sold Ill scoop it from you. If I order more parts without cleaning out the unused ones my wife will get pissed!