02 900/954 crank no start issues - Page 3 - CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

02 900/954 crank no start issues

  #21  
Old 06-14-2018, 11:20 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 19
Default

Originally Posted by 74demon View Post
Maybe try reloading the MAP, or disconnecting it and see what happens.

I've seen them malfunction and cause problems.
reloading the map in the power commander? Idk how to do this. I'm a class 8 diesel mechanic so I know engines pretty good but need to working on bikes
 
  #22  
Old 06-14-2018, 12:30 PM
74demon's Avatar
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: socal 949/951
Posts: 7,609
Default

Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post
reloading the map in the power commander? Idk how to do this. I'm a class 8 diesel mechanic so I know engines pretty good but need to working on bikes
You need to download the correct one from the web and load it by connecting it to your computer. If you have a custom MAP, it gets more complicated.

It would be better to just disconnect it and return the system back to stock for testing purposes.
 
  #23  
Old 06-14-2018, 12:56 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 1,530
Default

Originally Posted by 74demon View Post
You need to download the correct one from the web and load it by connecting it to your computer. If you have a custom MAP, it gets more complicated.

It would be better to just disconnect it and return the system back to stock for testing purposes.
Could be on a winner there Demon
 
  #24  
Old 06-14-2018, 01:59 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 19
Default

Ok new plugs in. Unplugged the power commander, swapped around the relays, and fuel tank with fresh fuel. Cranks but no start. Mil light stays on still fi light goes out once pump primes up and oil light stays on. What now boys
 
  #25  
Old 06-14-2018, 02:28 PM
74demon's Avatar
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: socal 949/951
Posts: 7,609
Default

When you took out the PC, did you connect everything back to stock?

I'm not sure where to go from here. It should be running.
 
  #26  
Old 06-14-2018, 02:36 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 19
Default

Originally Posted by 74demon View Post
When you took out the PC, did you connect everything back to stock?

I'm not sure where to go from here. It should be running.
yes everything is hooked up. Did backfire once tho I forgot that part, but yeah idk what to do.
 
  #27  
Old 06-14-2018, 03:01 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 1,530
Default

Even a backfire helps, have you done any work around the Cam Pulse Generator if so have a look around that area
 
  #28  
Old 06-14-2018, 03:10 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 19
Default

Originally Posted by CaBaRet View Post
Even a backfire helps, have you done any work around the Cam Pulse Generator if so have a look around that area
no I haven't done any work to it before the no start issue
 
  #29  
Old 06-14-2018, 03:29 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 1,530
Default

Can you unplug the IAT and the MAP sensors , turn the engine over for a few seconds and see if it shows up the fault, this would'nt stop the bike from starting if it could but it would generate some faults on the dash
 
  #30  
Old 06-14-2018, 03:38 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 19
Default

Originally Posted by CaBaRet View Post
Can you unplug the IAT and the MAP sensors , turn the engine over for a few seconds and see if it shows up the fault, this would'nt stop the bike from starting if it could but it would generate some faults on the dash
yes I have done checked that it does put out codes of I unplug them
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 02 900/954 crank no start issues


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.