CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

"STOLEN" Erion Edition!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought it might of been the plugs but why would it start if I shoot some type of flamable liquid into the throttle bodies and run as long as its spraying it will run.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:42 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

few things to check:

fuel pressure. crack the banjo nut loose after the pump primes. it should spray fuel out
injector pulse. you should have a pulsing signal. use an noid light if you have one or an old injector (it will click) while cranking. it that shows no good, then...
power at the injector. should have constant voltage at each connector and a variable ground (through the ecm) to fire the injector. if thats no good, then...
check for a missing or loose ground connection. a bad ground can mess things all up.
also, make sure you have spark. that leads to cam sensor, pulse generator, and ecm tests. but we'll get into that later after the other checks.
make sure all the sensors are all plugged in and the wires are not damaged.
i've seen other posts about the ignition diode. maybe investigate that. in needs to step down the voltage to make things work.make sure your ignition setup is doing that correctly.

Old 10-16-2011, 08:00 PM

Sorry it took me so long to get back, I guess I was too busy at being pissed...lol
Anyways 74demon seems to be on to something and I think I may know what the issue is, I am just tire of spending money on this bike that the only thing I am going to do with is sell. I do enjoy working on it and if my situation was different I would have loved to been a motorcycle mechanic but its not so Im not.
From everything that I have been reading it would appear that the problem is in the ignition somewhere.

I have a 954 igniton but it only has 3 wires where as the 929 has 4. Is there any safe way that I can splice that 4th wire to one of the other wires because the igniton just connects them all someway anyways (without out getting too tecniqual)?

Old 10-21-2011, 03:02 AM

Ok, I ordered a 929 ignition set got it in the mail and went to start the motorcycle and guess what......

Still not a F^&*ing thing same ole I wanna start but Im not going to.

I think I may end up taking her to the shop........
I know I am prepairing my self for the **** rape as I type this!

Old 10-21-2011, 06:14 AM

Did you check to see if you have spark, fuel pressure, and injector pulse? Thats what the shop will do first. Find out whats missing and you can trace from there.
Did you recover the BAS that mounts on the seat/tank bracket?

Old 10-21-2011, 11:37 AM

I have fuel pressure and spark but I don't have the knowledge or tools to check the rest. I have a guy comming to check it out tomorrow and he has worked on almost every motorcycle I have owned. I have no idea what a BAS is at the moment at least anyways.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by 1BAD14
I have fuel pressure and spark but I don't have the knowledge or tools to check the rest. I have a guy comming to check it out tomorrow and he has worked on almost every motorcycle I have owned. I have no idea what a BAS is at the moment at least anyways.
bank angle sensor. it mount on the seat/tank bracket. it shuts the bike off if it tips over. if its missing, it wont start.

a noid light can be bought at any auto parts store for a few bucks. or use a test light to check 12v at the injector connector. one side has constant power with the key on, the other side has a pulsing ground while cranking to fire the connector. it grounds through the ecm via an external ground. since you have spark, the pulse generator is good. if you have no pulse at the injector, check the power supply, and look for a missing or loose ground wire.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:15 PM

Thanks, yeah it has the BAS. I having been a sleep in about 20 hours so I'm a little foggy. I guess tomorrow between me with fresher eyes and someone else looking at it I might get it running or at least closer to running.......damn money pitt.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:41 PM

Well I guess sleep deprevation is the key. I got off work and got home this morning after working 14hrs and I installed the new ignition retraced all the wire and tried to start it and it would'nt start. So I checked all the injectors, fuel pressure regulator, and the pump. I made sure all the lines were ran correctly and all the sensors connected and and that all the connectons were clean. I turned the key and it started but died again. So I tried to start it again and gave it some trottle and and it ran until I let go of the throttle and then it died. So I put the air box and all back together and reconnected all the sensors tried to start it up and and it started but ran rough so I played with the idle and got so it ran smoother but still kind of sounds like its running on 3 cylinders but I know its spraying fuel to all 4 cylinders I just think one of the plugs are fouled and one of the header pipes are cooler than the other 3. I went to the store to get something to eat and when I came back I had a package on my door step so I opened it and it was my tank so i drained the gas and swapped the fuel pump over to the new tank and put the gas in it crossed my fingers and tried to start it and she fired up. I let it run for 5 minute and figured what the hell, I took it for a run down my street and back. It ran rough but it ran so here are the final pics of it as it sits now.

Name:  rebuild1.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  69.8 KB
Name:  rebuild2.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  60.8 KB
Name:  rebuild3.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  56.7 KB

Old 10-21-2011, 05:47 PM

looks good. mine has black wheels, but i really like the white. it gives the bike an entire different look, and a cleaner look. glad to hear its running now.

Quick Reply: "STOLEN" Erion Edition!!!!