CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

Handlebar weights

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 02:43 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Exhaust by Vance & Hines ...SSR-T Titanium. Funny story how I got this pipe. I purchase a 93-95 pipe, seller sends me a 96-99.... I try installing and the 3 bolt dimension fits but the exhaust mount hole is off? Send back for refund. Then one seller list the same pipe for $50 starting bid but without hanger, I bid and won at $50. Since mount hole don't fit, I don't need it. I use my previous Yoshimura hanger, bent modify to fit. So the V & H can cost me $50....that's lucky because I can take it off and sell it for $70 Lol...

Originally Posted by rustedroot
Man that was a great color scheme! Who made the exhaust system, couldnt read the label?

Hey, heres one I sold off a few years back. (Apologies for posting a Yammi on seabarf)

Attachment 17285

Old 09-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rustedroot
Attachment 17290

this pic will show better than i can describe
I will give a try with the Haynes manual at hand
The weights that are now in the bike are aftermarket, so I may switch back to the original ones. They are not too expensive so it is worth trying.

But still, not un-itended wheelis as it happened estate4life!! estate4life, are you sure they were un-intended? XDD

Old 09-10-2011, 04:05 PM
February 2012 ROTM

LOL... Intend was to take off on first gear at about 7-8rpm....saw a hot chick with a dude driving her???? Trying to show my cards a little. Then the front wheel pop up (my guess) about 1 foot. No effort what so every. Just a hard take off.

Originally Posted by hebbo
The weights that are now in the bike are aftermarket, so I may switch back to the original ones. They are not too expensive so it is worth trying.

But still, not un-itended wheelis as it happened estate4life!! estate4life, are you sure they were un-intended? XDD

Old 09-10-2011, 04:10 PM
February 2012 ROTM

LOL... Intend was to take off on first gear at about 7-8rpm....saw a hot chick with a dude driving her???? Trying to show my cards a little. Then the front wheel pop up (my guess) about 1 foot. No effort what so every. Just a hard take off. I don't recommend anyone to try a wheelie, but sometimes a hard excel can cause a natural mini wheelie. Especially our 900rr + class. I don't really see any good reason to wheelie other than trying to show off...unless you are in save control environment/ conditions, wheelie can become very hazardous.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:19 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have been looking at getting a set of Vibranator tuned bar weights, the company that manufacture them also make gyros for helicopters so should know a bit about balancing vibrations. They are abot $100-$130 depending where you live. After talking about them to a few members in the Hurricane section I was advised to try to keep the top of my throttle hand as parrallel with my forearm as possible to help blood flow, this does actually help quite a bit but does feel a bit wierd to start with.
I think I will still try the vibranators though, and as a bonus I think they would be lighter than standard as they look like tuning forks rather than big lumps of steel.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by jarvid
I have been looking at getting a set of Vibranator tuned bar weights, the company that manufacture them also make gyros for helicopters so should know a bit about balancing vibrations. They are abot $100-$130 depending where you live. After talking about them to a few members in the Hurricane section I was advised to try to keep the top of my throttle hand as parrallel with my forearm as possible to help blood flow, this does actually help quite a bit but does feel a bit wierd to start with.
I think I will still try the vibranators though, and as a bonus I think they would be lighter than standard as they look like tuning forks rather than big lumps of steel.
Hi jarvid,

let us know how they work if you fit them in your bike.
I also had a look to them, but I backed out after seeing the price

I just ordered the geniune weights to replace the aftermarket ones in my CBR. I will let you know if it makes any difference for me.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by estate4life
LOL... Intend was to take off on first gear at about 7-8rpm....saw a hot chick with a dude driving her???? Trying to show my cards a little. Then the front wheel pop up (my guess) about 1 foot. No effort what so every. Just a hard take off. I don't recommend anyone to try a wheelie, but sometimes a hard excel can cause a natural mini wheelie. Especially our 900rr + class. I don't really see any good reason to wheelie other than trying to show off...unless you are in save control environment/ conditions, wheelie can become very hazardous.
hahaha, I always says that wheelies are useless, but that's because I dont know how to do one! XD

and yes, they may be useful when taking a hot chick for a ride at the back of the bike

Old 09-12-2011, 10:26 AM
February 2012 ROTM

Lmao...I with you on this...don't believe intented wheelies are meaningful either. Especially street riding, when anything chit can happen. Not too good for your fork seals either. The only wheelies I ever do is a natural, hard take off...mini one. Under control...the longer you stay on your (1) rear tires, the more unpredictable things may be. Chit can happen abrupt...cost you $$$$ to fix. I'll leave the 12-1 O'clock wheelies to the pros & stunter. Ride safe, back away, live to ride another day. Girls like you on the blade....not falling off one.

hahaha, I always says that wheelies are useless, but that's because I dont know how to do one! XD

and yes, they may be useful when taking a hot chick for a ride at the back of the bike

Old 09-12-2011, 12:39 PM

Let me say for the record that removing the factory internal weights was a mistake! I should have listened, but had to find out for myself.

Im now thinking about an idea I posted earlier. Adding something besides metal weights to help dampen the vibration. The possibility of filling the tubes with latex silicone crossed my mind. Seems like that would act as a good vibration deadener?

Old 09-13-2011, 05:00 PM
Nov 2011 ROTM

Its takes something of mass. If it was that simple they would have done some internal elastomer to save weight. Get ya some gel insert grips.

Quick Reply: Handlebar weights