Starting with an RR

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 09:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Starting with an RR

ORIGINAL: Candymanmo06F4I

I got an 06 f4i for my first bike i rode both versions before and the rr was uncomfortable for me at first and the f4i just merged with my azz so of course i went with comfortable and like someone said up earlier just because you have a few more horse power doesnt mean you faster the rider makes a difference in shifting and all that but im glad with my f4i and wouldnt trade it in at all just about to do me a seat conversion to get rid of the single seat.

Sit on both and get a feel but either choice is a good one just wear your gear, be safe, and drive for your self and others.
ok so being comfy made you buy it and now you want to make the seat hard as a brick
Isat on the 600rr, 06 f4i and an older f4i when buying mine
Igot the 06 f4i because it had a comfy seat too but I'm not about to change it out

Old 11-30-2007, 03:19 AM

i personally would like to say work your way up but i mean if you can be smart about riding the 600cc bikes then i'm sure it shouldn't be too difficult. what would help would be take the msf course which can be helpful. just take it slow and be smart. your life is always at risk. but enjoy

Old 11-30-2007, 01:30 PM

I mean I started this post back in JUNE! I dont know how it got back up but ive had my bike for awhile now plenty of miles no drops lay downs or tickets so i think were good to close this subject

Old 11-30-2007, 02:00 PM

You just jinxed yourself.
ORIGINAL: FITZ

I mean I started this post back in JUNE! I dont know how it got back up but ive had my bike for awhile now plenty of miles no drops lay downs or tickets so i think were good to close this subject

Old 12-01-2007, 01:56 PM
Default Please delete

Man dont be saying that I knocked on wood does that count??

Old 12-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont understand the big deal w/ 1st timers buying 600cc bikes. my 1st bikeis a '01 F4i and i had NEVER riden a bike besides the MSF course...........and i took that in '05, bought my bike in '07! i have had no accidents, not really even any close calls. i think it is all up to the rider. if you can control yourself and deal w/ the weight of the bike, then go for it. i could completely see a 4 page arguement if a 1st time rider was trying to get a 1000cc bike, or a ZX-14....but a 600cc?!

maybe i just have alot of selfcontrol. i learned my lessons early on as a late teen how being dumb on the road can **** your insurance (and in a way, your life) up for a long time. i think a 600cc bike is fine for a starter bike, ASLONG as you have selfcontrol and can deal w/ the bikes weight.

Old 12-03-2007, 01:13 PM

ORIGINAL: gofasteRR

My 04 RR was/is my first bike. Respect it and the idiots around you and you'll be fine.
+1 True to just about anything in life :P

Old 12-03-2007, 09:46 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll chime in.

Is a 600RR "good" as a first choice. No. Is it doable though? Yes.

These really are potent bikes, and are very misleading with the number 600 written on the side. But you can start off on one and come out with fantastic results (as I did). This was my very first street bike. I went with the 600RR because I'm not the type to buy a vehicle and get rid of it in a year or so. I usually hold onto my vehicles for 5+ years at a time. (hell, I still have my first car from highs school)

But what I will say is that it really isn't anywhere near the smartest choice as a person that is new to riding altogether. These bike are twitchy, and the smallest error can turn into a huge mistake. If you've ridden motorcycles before, the 600RR will be a totally different machine. If you've never ridden motorcycles before, and hop onto a 600RR, it can be downright dangerous.

So learn to ride it first. Go to an MSF course (NOT the DMW, but a real, MSF course that actually teaches you how to ride. The DMW or state programs are a huge joke) I believe Harley Davidson dealerships use the Riders Edge Program. THAT is an exceptional program that actually teaches you how to ride a motorcycle, not just says "okay, you passed.". It's difficult to pass that course, and that's what makes it so good.

So take this in to consideration...........

If you fly through the MSF course and nail everything down 100%........you'll be fine on the RR.

If you go through the class and find yourself hung up on a couple of things, or can't quite get the grasp of something. Or in other words, you don't pass with flying colors............ then the RR is NOT the bike for you at this time.

Old 12-04-2007, 01:05 AM

There are a million CBR's, GSXR's, R-6/R-1's, and ZX's out there... if you want different, then go get a URAL made in russia. They import them to the states..

Old 12-04-2007, 06:22 PM

the second i sat onthe RR i knew i wanted it .. i had looked at alot of bikes but this particular one jumped out at me .. by the next day it was sold i just found another black RR and went and got it the same day 05 RR 300miles lol shes truly my baby

Quick Reply: Starting with an RR