Starting with an RR

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 05:05 PM
pwn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Starting with an RR

ORIGINAL: knightslugger
jesus christ... barely has his license and already he's giving advice... and he's 16, def. the age of REASON...
Thats definately a claim that has solid backing..Just kidding. I know a lot of smart, younger guys that have a lot more brains than those much older. Don't be so judgemental.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:10 PM

ORIGINAL: pwn

jesus christ... barely has his license and already he's giving advice... and he's 16, def. the age of REASON...
Thats definately a claim that has solid backing..Just kidding. I know a lot of smart, younger guys that have a lot more brains than those much older. Don't be so judgemental.

no thanks i'll pass.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:29 PM

i purchased my first sportbike in April.. it was a 06 600RR and i love it. i was never intimidated at all with the power.. I just took it easy for awhile and now and 100% confident in my abilities. I am not stunting or doing wheelies or anything like that just riding in the Black Hills of South Dakota, Icon leather coat (except 90+ days) gloves and helmet, Even though you don't have to in South Dakota.

I love it and i would tell first timers to at least buy a 600 right out of the gate because you will just be bying one in a few months anyway
I come to the Hills every year with my brother. I'm a fan of Nemo Rd myself. I'll be there next spring, I'd like to see what your "100% confident abilities" stack up to.[sm=WTFsgign.gif] Perhaps I'll PM when we leave.

YOU again? LOL...just kidding man. [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 11-29-2007, 06:58 PM
pwn

no thanks i'll pass.
Is everyone on this forum as unfriendly as you...?

Old 11-29-2007, 07:00 PM

no thanks i'll pass.
Is everyone on this forum as unfriendly as you...?
no, just me. I'm not unfriendly, i just don't like idiots.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:07 PM

Awise old man with 20+ years experience once told me that it doesn't matter what bike you get, but much more your ability to have self control. You tell the bike what to do, not the other way around.

My first bike is an 06 600rr by the way.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:11 PM

god i love this forum. chalk full of them!

Old 11-29-2007, 07:30 PM
pwn

So then why are you being unfriendly to me?[sm=icon_cheers.gif] Lighten up man. I was just saying a lot of younger guys have great reasoning and logic. The majority probably don't, but why not give the benefit of the doubt

Old 11-29-2007, 07:41 PM

So then why are you being unfriendly to me? [sm=icon_cheers.gif] Lighten up man. I was just saying a lot of younger guys have great reasoning and logic.
Have you seen today's teens? 'Logical' and 'full of reason' are not the first things that come to mind when talking about this group of people...

The majority probably don't, but why not give the benefit of the doubt
because it's not the best choice.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:24 PM
pwn

I have indeed seen today's teens - I'm one of them. Newly 19. I work in the IT industry and have well paying job working for a startup that rivals those much older than me. I'm also working on going to berkeley for haas. I agree that a lot of the teens these days are idiots, mainly because I went to highschool with them. Unfortunately its usually those kinds of teens that you hear about, never the ones headed in the right direction. I suppose it's the same concept behind high insurance rates for these bikes, as well as for the car I currently drive - a WRX. There are plenty of other idiots out there that become a statistic, and because of it we all take the brunt and have to pay more. Point is, we aren't all bad .

Quick Reply: Starting with an RR