Starting with an RR

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Starting with an RR

I would have to agree with what Tigre said. Try both of them if you can and just go with the one you like better. I personally would be very happy with either one of them.

Not to necessarily to disagree with what everyone else is saying about buying a newer cbr for your first bike--they all have valid points--but you really should just buy what you want most. You shouldn't have to settle for another bike that you don't like as much or everyday that you go into your garage you'll wish you had gotten 'that other bike'. Hopefully you are mature enough that if you do end up with a cbr asyour first bike you'llpush yourself to ride better--not faster.

I bought my first bike (04 600rr) last year and I'll be the first to admit that there are times when I probably ride a little more aggresively than I should... but I never mess around in traffic or on unsafe roads etc.
But whatever you settle on make sure you always wear your gear, don't ever try to push yourself beyond what you think you are capable of or what you feel comfortable doing, and always keep in mind that your bike has the power to take away your life in a split second.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:43 PM

GS500. Kawi 250/500

Old 06-21-2007, 12:28 AM

This debate could go on forever. I say f4i. No matter what bike ya get just don't try to ride like you been doing it for 5 years within the first week. Take a MSF course soon. It helps. Don't try to keep up with the pack in the curves. I know everyone says a 600 is little, but the acceleration on a bike is nothing close to a high end street car. My TA holds nothing in comparison to my bike. I got the rr. Ya runs better than an f4i IF you can ride. The rider makes the bike go fast not the other way. What ever you do wrap your *** in some leather and don't loose your head. As for cost Sounds high. Always check www.nada.com for pricing info. And take someone who knows bikes with ya.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have my own opinions on what you should do if intelligence were to be considered in the equation, but honestly you aren't going to listen to a hundred differing opinions and still be able to sort them out, or really care about most of them.

Just do us a favor and return to this thread in a couple months with your own observations *after the fact*.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:49 AM

f4i is great in the twistys deff a lot lighter than any gixxer, thats wut makes that bike (like most hondas a blast to ride) rr is a lil much for no exp. at all. but i mean it is do able expec if you have the right mentors to ride with. price is okay. i got my 04 for 6200 but it has just about everything imaginalbe done to it... ith 8k miles... and 10k on a bike is nothing. but check the forks out to make sure they are not leaking any residue... that is the one thing i did not check when i bought my bike...

Old 06-21-2007, 02:11 AM

I say why don't you just go with a kawi ZX-14. Really fast bikes are the best for beginers. You might as well if you think you can handle a 600RR. Start with an older sportbike man when you drop it you'll be glad you bought a cheap oldie. When your ready, upgrade.

Old 06-21-2007, 02:48 AM

You'll hear different things from everyone. "600cc is too much for your first bike". "A 750 is just about the same and easy to ride, go with that".

You know where you're comfortable more then anyone else does. If you're scared of getting on a bike but want one... maybe you should start with something smaller. If you know you're being realistic with yourself in knowing you're going to be learning on this bike and you feel you can handle it after being on it once or twice then, Ok.

I just bought my first and it's an '04 600RR. I'm 6' 1' and 165lbs. So far so good and loving it. Like some people in here have said though... don't go pushing it when you know you're still new to riding. I'm also enrolled in the rider's course here to get even more of a familiarity of how to ride. If you want a 600, then go for it. Just remember it still has the power of a rocket and holds your life in it's hands. Be safe and be smart about it.

Old 06-21-2007, 02:57 AM

Like TheX wrote...

"Just do us a favor and return to this thread in a couple months with your own observations *after the fact*."

+1
We've heard the "before" so I'll be looking forward to the "after" comments.

(Gee, I wish I knew how to quote just a part of someone's post....lil' help please.)

Old 06-21-2007, 03:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Wildcat

(Gee, I wish I knew how to quote just a part of someone's post....lil' help please.)
Just quote the whole thing and remove the parts you don't want.

Old 06-21-2007, 03:30 PM

I got an 06 f4i for my first bike i rode both versions before and the rr was uncomfortable for me at first and the f4i just merged with my azz so of course i went with comfortable and like someone said up earlier just because you have a few more horse power doesnt mean you faster the rider makes a difference in shifting and all that but im glad with my f4i and wouldnt trade it in at all just about to do me a seat conversion to get rid of the single seat.

Sit on both and get a feel but either choice is a good one just wear your gear, be safe, and drive for your self and others.

Quick Reply: Starting with an RR