Starting with an RR

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 01:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting with an RR

I am going to look at a bike this weekend potentially to purchase, Just a question for a new rider here. This will be my first bike and I want a 600 but was debating starting with an RR or F4I. I love hondas and there are just so many GSXR out there. I wanna be a little different. But my question is how much different is an RR then the F4I. The bike i am going to look at is 2003 RR black with 10000 miles on it. He wants 5500. Sounds like a reasonable price. Just trying to get some feedback from those who have rode but bike models. Thanks guys in advance...

Old 06-19-2007, 01:45 AM
Default RE: Starting with an RR

Depends what fits you, go sit on both of the bikes and ride them if you can. It helps to take a bike for some turns and settle into it. rr is a set up like a race bike hence the name. so it will feel and sit more aggressive. Personally I enjoy the 600rr. It depends what type of riding you are going to be doing and what position you are comfortable with. My advice go check out the bike, see if you can take it for a spin, then compare to other bikes. Don’t just take the advice from other riders. Do some of the riding yourself and feel it out.

Ride safe, and wear gear... Is your last name Fitzpatrick by any chance?

Old 06-19-2007, 02:07 AM

Get your fundamentals down on a less potent motorcycle. after a year, trade in/sell your Standard Sport for a SuperSport.

this is your FIRST bike, not your LAST bike. basics first, learn um, ingrain them, move up.

Old 06-19-2007, 02:56 PM

nope close though its Fitzgerald

Old 06-19-2007, 03:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$5500 fora 2003 600RR with 10k milesis high.

I just bought a second 2005 600RR with 2k miles for $6000. The wife liked my 05 RR better than her 04 F4i.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:19 AM

My 04 RR was/is my first bike. Respect it and the idiots around you and you'll be fine.

Old 06-20-2007, 04:03 AM

+1

My first bike was also my 04RR. Just take your time, never get overconfident. and practice practice practice. I started out in a empty church parking lot for 2 hours doing the basics. Stop and starts, oval style turns at low speed, and a small hill upgrade to learn clutch/throttle control. Once you have those down, then slowly work your way up. If your not sure you can handle something, don't force yourself into it and risk the possiblity of going down.

As for the price,it wouldhelp to know what extra's if any thatis in the bike. Its hard to say what the price will be without those, but seems a little high.

Old 06-20-2007, 04:39 AM

People rarely agree with me, but I'd say don't get a sportbike at all to start out. Like you said, it's your FIRST bike. These things are fast as hell and the temptation to dip into that power and test your limits can be overwhelming because of the rush you get --- not good when you're learning to ride. You can always keep upgrading down the road.

Just my .02.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:19 AM

Bought an 06 600rr just a couple months back. I had no experience riding before aside from the MSF.I rode it off the lot into a crucial intersection and it really wasn't that bad.

But on a side note I'm prescribed valium so not much out there really scares me for some reason.. Hence I wear a jacket/helmet wherever I ride.

Like everyone just said, ride it easy! Get the basics down, you should be fine. From what I have gathered being part of this community, the f4i is a pretty good stunt bike (wish I went with that) and the 600rr is more designed for racing like someone already said. The 600rr is uncomfortable for me to ride, wish I had advice such as Tigres and would have test drove it prior to purchasing it. Good luck!

Old 06-20-2007, 10:46 AM

Definatley agree with all said above mate- respect the beast with in[&:]

Quick Reply: Starting with an RR