Shifting(cruise vs speed)

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shifting(cruise vs speed)

whoot whoot. yeah, i learn alot from reading these threads, and one day i hope to contribute w/ either sage advice or humour.

mad, once you ride i think you'll figure out the rpms. i use to think the same thing, but i don't think you should ride around inhigher than normalrpms "just in case" somebody's about to hit you. one good habit i learned from the msf class is to stay in the "power curve" or whatever they call it when you're slowing down, so if you do have to speed up then you're already in an appropriategear. other than that just good defensive riding, and it really only takes a split second to down shift.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shifting(cruise vs speed)

im prolly gonna get gang r@ped over this post for being a newbie rider but i dont really care...this is bout me i am not tryin to influence anyone else but as for me....these 600rr's are far more than you need in a bike, they have mucho power reserved in every gear lol...but as for me i can feel when the bike doesnt feel like its able to pull..big deal i downshift ..problem solved..i just dont feel the urge to keep it in the 8-15k range just b/c its able to..the manual says it can cause problems if u lug ur engine...true but not from doin it onceor twice ..its from doin it over a "longer" period of time. and as for me i prefer to run round 3-7k on the average..the bike pulls great and responds well, and if i need it i have plenty of bike left.

as a side note i usually think knight is a bit abrasive w/ his/her replies ...but i believe he was more on the mark in his post about the stressin of the engine...i have never heard that constantly stressing an engine to b a good thing for longevity..but once again thats just me and all the ragging on me isnt gonna change anything, cause im still gonna ride how i want to lol [8D]