San Diego Attempted Theft!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 05:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default San Diego Attempted Theft!

Ok so after parking my bike in a certain location in San Diego for about 3 hours, I come out to start my bike and when i turn the ignition, nothing happens... ok, i try it a few more times and still nothing..very odd... i look around and suddenly, a dreadful feeling came over me...someone was messing with my bike...the steering wheel was locked to the left and still locked at the time but i noticed that a wire was not connected where is was supposed to be...it was two red wires running from the left side of the body to the steering column. but was severed before reaching the steering column..police said it was a failed hot wire attempt...gonna cost me a lil bit but im not surprised that it happened to me...anyhow heres a big F YOU to the dumb thieves that could not finish their mission and left me stranded with big towing bill....

future plans: disc lock and 9mm.. peacEE

Old 10-25-2005, 08:18 AM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: San Diego Attempted Theft!

Sorry for the needed repair, but at least you still have your bike. I've thought about disk locks, but it would be all too easy for two guys with a truck to pull up close, pick up the front and slide the rest in. So my theory is the locking front keeps a$$holes from moving the bike around, but not from theft. I've thought about buying rubber coated steel cable from Lowes/Homedepot, putting loops on the ends and using pad locks. That way I could keep the cable and locks under the seat and try to always park close to an object that I can lock it up to. BUT... any cable I buy that will fit under the seat would be easily cut via bolt cutters. Theft should be outdated with the technology we have. With GPS and GPS tracking, an anti-theft device (LoJack is only available in Massachusetts, Florida, and Texas) that will activate from movement and notify owner/police of the possible theft attempt. LoJack has been available for years... why is it not cheap and used everywhere???

Old 10-25-2005, 01:35 PM

yea another shocking thing is that this was attempted in broad daylight!... i have the tribal 05..so i guess its worth getting caught? haha

Old 10-25-2005, 01:57 PM

Bad luck bro. Biketober fest this year proved to be my dads bad luck , took the old fart down there and someone broke his steering lock on his new 1300 VTX. cops caught them in the act though.

Old 10-25-2005, 05:09 PM

That does suck man. Damn thieves!!

Old 10-25-2005, 11:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Messing with my bike is like messing with my emotions...someone gotsta meet my boys Johnny Smith and Johnny Wesson