Attempted bike THEFT - READ ME

Old 10-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attempted bike THEFT - READ ME

So I wake up yesterday to my roommate knocking on my door saying his 2007 Kawasaki ZX6-R was stolen. I jump out of bed, get dressed to see what went on. Sure enough the bike was gone. Very sad day. I get a call later that day while i'm at work from our apartment complex. The lady was asking me about what kind of bike we were looking for...so I told her. The thieves broke his triple tree and moved the bike into the woods behind our leasing center to hot wire the bike (which they failed to do) so they left the bike thinking they were going to come back the following evening to take it. Luckily for us the maintenance man found it. So my friend is in for a good chunk of change (liability only). They broke his triple tree as stated above, ignition was ripped out, alignment was thrown way off, etc etc...Again, luckily there was no body damage as they were obviously going to part it out. Now the bike is at his parents house. safe.

My bike was next to his with the cover on. When I went out there that morning the cover was half way off. No damage, no attempts of theft. I was confused and figured that because mine is an 03, the 07 would be worth more. So thats why it was left alone.

I get home last evening, cover and lock my bike up. The bikes was locked up to his vans suspension plus the ignition lock. I come out this morning to go to work to find this...

The lock was cut in half freeing the bike from the van

The cover over the ignition was broken into many pieces on the ground along with a broken flat head screw driver (the weapon of choice)

looks like they tried prying the bridge over the ignition off to take it off and hot wire it...the damage below

So i got super lucky as they could not break it as they did on my friends ZX6-R...I am UNBELIEVABLY impressed with the quality of this bridge...if it didn't hold up like it did my bike would have been goone. These guys obvisously suck *** at stealing...im really pissed off about this. I got lucky with about 15$ worth of damage. What material is that thing made out of??? it broke that screw driver on the ground.

Here's a link to a animated gif of where my friends bike was found and his three tree...
http://gickr.com/results4/anim_4d6ca...dc072afab5.gif

Old 10-17-2008, 12:05 PM
Default RE: Attempted bike THEFT - READ ME

Thats why I'd never leave mine outside. Atleast they didn't make off with your bike.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:14 PM

Damn... Good old Honda making high end stuff that does not break. +1.

I would place a few traps by setting up a web of fishing line about ankle high in the vicinity of your bike. Tie bells to the fishing line, this way when they trip in it, it will make a ton of noise. I think you might also be able to pick up a ripcord style siren that howls when the string is pulled.

Then chase him with a cleaver and hope for the best.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say next time its locked to the van, hide out in it for the night, then jump out and Chuck Norris their asses...

Old 10-17-2008, 01:27 PM

They used to hang horse thieves didn't they?

Old 10-17-2008, 01:38 PM
Banned

WOW, that is a damn good story. Both of y'all lucked out. Judging from those pictures, that area doesn't seem bad by any means. Crazy ****e!

Old 10-17-2008, 02:17 PM

I agree with Dr.fingers.
Wait for them and then beat the **** out of them with a baseball bat.
Then proceed to inflict much worse damage upon whatever they drove there in than your bike.
Then steal their wallet and tell them if your bike ever disappears, even if it wasn't them, your going to go after (hold their drivers license up to their face) "this guy".
Problems solved.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:23 PM

crazy story man...least ur bike is still good...lke fingers said wait outside of em one night and bust em while doing it or best case when there tryin to steal your bike have have a buddy steal what ever they drove/rode up one (if they did drive or ride) that would be funny man haha will teach em a lesson for sure

Old 10-17-2008, 03:45 PM

You damaged the bike yourself trying to pry your broken key out, didn't you?!?!?

I NEVER leave my bike outside. And after some scumbag starts jacking it up like that, I'd rather that they stole it so I could get a nice insurance check and take it to the nearest stealership for a newer 600RR!!!

That does suck man though, for you and more for your room mate. Sorry to hear it. I'm assuming you live in a complex of some sort?!? No one saw anyone messing around with your bike? I mean, breaking a screwdriver off in an ignition, someone must have seen something...

Old 10-17-2008, 07:47 PM

cops+finger prints = f#$% me in the a$$ prison for those half witted thieves,

who tries to steal a bike with no means to take it away anyways?

I am glad to hear you have such dim witted criminals near you, but please get them busted before they wise up and get a pickup truck.

oh and when you do catch them cut their ***** off to make sure the don't contaminate the gene pool.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Attempted bike THEFT - READ ME