new to site with important question???

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to site with important question???

Hello all, I am new to this site and have an important question for ya. I currently have 2 bikes, an 05 R1 and an 07RR. I just got the RR and I need to switch the frame because I bought it from an auction in the US and I live in canada. It is branded as "salvage" and can never be licenced for the street here. The bike is in VERY good condition, and was a theft recovery from insurance. I want to put it on the street here, but I take it I will have to change the frame? Does anyone on here know where I can get one? and do I have to change all the parts, or can I just change the numbers because my frame is still straight?
thanks all

Old 01-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Default RE: new to site with important question???

As far as I know per the law you can not just change the VIN tags on the bike, (but what they do not know wont hurt you) and I doubt they would ever look at it ? ? ?

You can pick up a frame off e-bay and I have seen them on a few sites I just do not remember the names off hand. If you search on Yahoo for cbr ??? rr frame it will come up with a few for you for sale. But if you get one make sure it has all the paperwork with it just to make sure you are not getting astolen bike frame or another salvage frame.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:54 PM

you can get frames off of ebay

track bike no problem
street bike, some states allow a salvage vehicle to go back to a street vehicle but require a complete inspection.

you could probably get away with buying a frame with a good vin and make sure you get the title with it.
then switch all of the components to the new frame and then title that frames VIN to your name
that is no different than putting a new motor in a car

Old 01-04-2008, 09:09 PM

ORIGINAL: baxsom

you can get frames off of ebay

track bike no problem
street bike, some states allow a salvage vehicle to go back to a street vehicle but require a complete inspection.

you could probably get away with buying a frame with a good vin and make sure you get the title with it.
then switch all of the components to the new frame and then title that frames VIN to your name
that is no different than putting a new motor in a car

Well said. Follow this.