Old 10-09-2005, 12:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New seat?

would a '03 F4i seat fit your RR?
the F4i seats are more comfortable.

Old 10-09-2005, 03:45 AM

i thought I'd hate the seat when i bought it, but I agree. Give it more saddle time and it kinda grows on you. besides the only time i ever really chill on my seat is at a light and thats for anout a minute tops. the rest of the time i don't really notice it unless I'm on mile 40 on the same trip, in that instance my rear can get a little sore. honestly the bikes not meant for that anyway.

Old 10-09-2005, 11:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Tribal_Steve

My wife was bitching about mine.. I went out on a limb, and when I bought the bike, shortly after that I bought her a helmet, and a Joe Rocket Luna textile jacket to ride with me... she has been on it twice, and is not comfortable on it... so, I said fine, if you don't want to ride it, I'll get rid of the rear seat and the pegs, don;t bother me none... it's not a fat old mans cruising bike..

-Steve
Just a suggestion but you could earn points from your wife and take your own advice by taking just the back seat to the reupholster shop or just buy her the rear Corbin. My wife loves to ride on back and even wants the 600RR for her self next year. Since I keep her happy in more ways then one she is even letting me add to the fleet by getting a 1000RR next year.

"Remember its all about diplomacy, make them think they're the boss."

Old 10-09-2005, 02:36 PM

ORIGINAL: 05Tribal

Just a suggestion but you could earn points from your wife and take your own advice by taking just the back seat to the reupholster shop or just buy her the rear Corbin.
That's not the issue. When I say comfortable, I don't mean "sore ***" comfort... she does not like the feeling of being unsupported, with nothing in front of her, nothng behind her, and does not like laying on my back.

I have tried a few seat positions, but the problem is, I have to scoot back so far to make her feel comfortable, that it becomes very uncomfortable for me, lower back pain, and all the weight on my arms... she is new on a bike, and is not used to the feelings on it yet. I'll give her time, but for some people, they just don't like it.. period.

If corbin made a detachable sissy bar for our bikes, I would get it to make her happy... but they don't, and won't because there are no structural members to attach it to.

No biggie.

-Steve

Old 10-09-2005, 09:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A great technique that I have shared with a few guys who's girl friends or wives are new to riding is to have them place their hands on the rear part of the tank between your legs when you both are cruising and especially breaking or down shifting. This will allow the rider to feel sturdy on the bike giving them confidence and take their weight off the rider.

Give it time and your wife will start riding up right and holding on to nothing when coasting to a stop at red lights or stop signs looking like a pro. Another thing to teach her to do is place her head on the inside of the bike when in a turn no matter how tight or open, fast or slow. It will both allow her to see better and place her weight in the proper position so the bike feels better to you in regards to handling.