My New Year, what a nightmare!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 11:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My New Year, what a nightmare!

Well this new year seemed to slide right on in. i was on leave at home then i got back on monday, back to reality. rode my bike ahwhile just to get out and about. well i went off to work on tuesday and the previous night i told my roomate leave my bike parked, DON"T RIDE IT! tuesday was goin pretty good then at about 3:00 p.m. i got a call from a cop i know, she said i have some bad news... PJ(my roomate) is goin to jail and your bike is wrecked! Wow what a shocker that was to me comming just at the end of a great day. He better be glad the cops arrested him, ya know what i mean?
well anyways i went to pick up the bike later that night and found out that all my farings were toast... the front took the brunt of the hit, the best i can figure is he endoed in to the back of a car and shattered the front. I needed a new set of plastics, upper faring stay, headlights and a few other small metal parts. I'll tell you what he is definately paying me all the money back once he gets out of county.
Does anyone know who might be parting out bikes in the Jacksonville, FL area? I need to get ahold of the upperfaring stays, headlights, intake, left driver footpeg and a few other small parts. Any help would be great!

Russell A. Olivero
Silver CBR 600RR

Old 01-09-2006, 11:22 AM
Default RE: My New Year, what a nightmare!

Wow, that is a bad start of a new year...

Make sure you check your forks out, as they might be bent...

Old 01-09-2006, 03:06 PM
Retired Administrator

I can't believe you leave your keys at home....

Old 01-10-2006, 01:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Fretless33

Wow, that is a bad start of a new year...

Make sure you check your forks out, as they might be bent...
I've already visually checked out my forks/frame and they are good... but is there any other way to check them? I mean I dont' know if the crash would've really bent them any because of the accident being an endo into the rear of the car. oh well who knows?

Old 01-10-2006, 03:27 PM

I just can't believe taht some people think it's ok to ride another person' smotorcycle... AT ALL, w/o you knowing... and after you said not to... which to me seems to point that you were alrady worried this tard might ride it.

I think I have made it clear enough to my friends and family that at least a serious hurtin would be the result of anyone messin with my bike. I wouldn't call a person a friend who knowingly took my bike out after knowing I was against it. I would call taht person a thief and report him for stealing my bike or at LEAST have a cop friend harrass them and mak ethem think they're goin to jail for theft when they're caught!

Do you not have insurance?

Rock

Old 01-10-2006, 05:25 PM

I thinks the cops taking him away could have been the best thing for him, let me tell ya

Old 01-11-2006, 11:39 PM

damn, gina!!! hard way to start 06 out....sorry bro

Old 01-12-2006, 01:33 AM

I'm not sure but I think if a person has insurance on a vehicle (any kind) when he or she wrecks (another persons borrowed vehicle) their insurance covers the vehicle they are driving and yours covers the vehicle that they hit. you might ask around and find out this could be very wrong info but I believe there might be a little truth to it.