NIGHtMARE

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NIGHtMARE

I had a nightmare in reference to the stickers I had applied. My nightmare was that the stickers adhesive slowly ate through my clearcoat and f'ed all my fairings up. Also that the sun had faded all around the stickers. I woke up allmost in tears, and went straight to me bike and peeled the ****e off. I will alsways own this bike, FOREVER, so it was a peace of mind after the removal. I will prolly git the 2012 liter when this puppy's paid off. I regrete selling my F4 and often think of her, but thankful that I learned my lesson. I WILL ALWAYS OWN THIS BIKE.

Name:  bike4-2.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  105.6 KB

Name:  bike3-2.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  93.4 KB

Name:  bike2_edited-1.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  166.2 KB

Name:  bike1-3.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  148.8 KB

Old 08-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Default RE: NIGHtMARE

I didn't reallylike allthose stickers you had on it.

Personally I think your bike looks sick just the way it is.
sometimes to much on it hides the lines of the bike. because people can't look past the stickers.
they're more busy reading the stickers than appreciating the modds.

Glad you changed it. looks good. keep it up.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:28 PM

Here's what you can do. Any body shop can simply clearcoat the plastics again, the new clear will fill in the little indents left by the stickers you removed. Also, if you're finally confident in the decal choices on your bike, the new clear will cover the stickers and prolong their life significantly.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:29 PM

yeah i agree
less is more when it comes to these things
i pulled every sticker off but the honda on the lower and the 1000rr on the tail

now if it were a track bike then by all means sticker out
the theme fits

Old 08-08-2007, 12:12 AM

Sorry to hear about your situation. I agree that stickers can become tacky on anything for that matter, but do whatever makes you happiest I say. Hope you can fix it without replacing each fairing, but that might be the only way to have peace of mind if you're like me. Remember, they're just fairings that can be replaced! Good luck.

Old 08-08-2007, 02:42 AM

ORIGINAL: Kendrick07

Sorry to hear about your situation. I agree that stickers can become tacky on anything for that matter, but do whatever makes you happiest I say. Hope you can fix it without replacing each fairing, but that might be the only way to have peace of mind if you're like me. Remember, they're just fairings that can be replaced! Good luck.
NO SITuATION. It was just a dream, I pulled them off b4 a potential situation. I'm gonna keep the bike free of stickers, besides the ones in the pictures. I love that red bull

Old 08-08-2007, 10:20 AM

I like it as is. There were too many stickers on the bike before. If you like the red bull then keep it, it doesn't fit the bike in my eyes but it's all good. Everything else on the bike is nice. I also have a all black CBR. I took all the decals off so it is straight black. All I have is a silver batman logo on the screen. People may think my logo is not needed but it's cool to me. It's all in the riders eyes, ya know? I also have a 2 bros exhuast, sounds sick huh? I don't have a heat shield though. where you get yours from?

Old 08-08-2007, 11:50 AM

I agree that it looksbetter with less color, I have a bunch of stickers on mine but they're all reflective white. I noticed you have a C/A smoke lens, how's that working for you? are the lights visible during daytime? I already ordered mine, should be receiving it in the next couple of days.

dawued, the heat shield is stock. I have the 2 bros too, and yes, it does sound sick...

Old 08-08-2007, 12:50 PM

Hey OldGuy, you have a shield on yours? I am debating on having it put on or not. I like the look of just the can sticking out, ya know? whats your take on it?

Old 08-08-2007, 01:25 PM

i like the way the heat shield looks, specially with the 2 bros. That pipe sticks out a lot so the heat shield gives it a little bit of concealment, without hiding it too much like it does with say an akra pipe. I've seen 1k's with the 2 bros and no heat shield and personally i don't like the way it looks, but i guess that just depends on how you like it... I'll post some pics later tonight, but if you look at blizz's gallery you can see how it looks, badass, the only difference is i still have the stock tail turn signals, i'm about to add integrator ones...

Quick Reply: NIGHtMARE