Just wanted to say hi.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just wanted to say hi.

[/quote]

Good call... and I would look at frame sliders as the first mod. Nobody ever says "I wish I didn't put frame sliders on my bike".

[/quote]

How about, "I'm glad I didn't put frame sliders on my bike!!!!"?

Old 04-08-2008, 10:06 PM

Its like 250 + parts. I got charged for overpriced oil, a filter, and a tube of white lithium. Bunch of BS...

Old 04-08-2008, 10:13 PM

ill be sure to go over all the details with them.

they have a knack to try and pull that crap around here..

Old 04-09-2008, 05:08 PM

ORIGINAL: be vertical

Welcome....

1) You MUST have the dealership, any honda dealership for that matter do the 600 miles service. Its really stupid, but if by chance you were to pop your motor at 1200 miles for whatever reason, and the dealer did not do the 600mi break in service, your not covered under warranty. The reason for this is that they do a compression test, etc... to ensure the engine was broken in properly. If it was not, they are supposed to take it in and either give you a new bike or fix whatever issue the bike had during break in. Its the most waisted 300 bucks you will spend, but for the love of god do it. That and make many photocopies of the receipt, because dealerships do not keep good book-keeping, and will ask you to produce that receipt in the event of a mechanical mishap! To be totally honest after they did my 600mi service I spent most of the next day wiping all the excess grease off my bike, and I changed the oil again myself, Just to make sure it was done, dont trust these people, they are crooks and should be approached with the highest of wit and self security.

2) Honestly I would just change it at the 600mi via the dealer, and then change it again shorty there after with JASO MA rated full or semi synthetic oil. It doesn't really make sence to use cheap oil, cause the bike only takes three quarts and a little extra. I just picked up the mobil1 full synthetic for like eight bucks a quart. The engines are built to such high performance standards that it wouldn't be worth saving six dollar or whatever on the oil. Street bikes are different, they have wet clutches, and the engine oil is the same as the transmission oil, its a recirculating system. It is important to use the proper oil, and get the good stuff, as it has a lot to do with the way your clutch grabs and whatnot. Again JASO MA Rated 4T Motorcycle Oil
Sorry bro, I'm pretty sure they don't do a commpression check at 600 miles. Let alone for just $300 bucks. They change the oil and check clutch linkages and such. Check your manual it's all in black and white.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:17 PM

According to the dealership, they do. That and compression tests are simple, they just pull the plug and put a pressure gauge in and crank it over a few times. Simple. That is the whole point of the break in period, to make sure the rings set and hone the cylender walls correctly as to generate the proper compression.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:24 PM

regardless.

god forbid something happen
i want my warrenty to still be intact..

Old 04-10-2008, 04:54 AM

ORIGINAL: be vertical

According to the dealership, they do. That and compression tests are simple, they just pull the plug and put a pressure gauge in and crank it over a few times. Simple. That is the whole point of the break in period, to make sure the rings set and hone the cylender walls correctly as to generate the proper compression.
Its not really that ez to just pull the plugs. The plugs are down inside the motor. you'd have to remove the fairings and loosen the radiator to even get to them. Then you need the special tool to get way down to get them out. Maybe they told you that but I'm pretty sure they don't do it. They told me I could service my own bike, just keep all my records and reciepts and it would not affect my warrenty.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:11 AM

I wish I knew that last year....

Old 04-10-2008, 11:47 AM

well im going to ask them when i buy it to make sure.

id much rather do the work then some underpaid disgruntled employee who doesnt know a hammer from a 1/2 in. impact wrench..
(and yes ive seen someone do it before to a snap-on 1/2 in. [>:])

Old 04-10-2008, 12:28 PM

By the way... I actually DO have the Service AND Owners manuals in PDF format... so PM me if you want either one (the service manual's huge... so that will take some figuring).

And I didn't like the Shogun no-cut sliders... I went with R&G. The brackets were beefier... but your gonna pay more for them. I did get shogun swingarm spools... cause they were easy to get from Cycle gear. They do the job.

https://cbrforum.com/m_366482/tm.htm

Quick Reply: Just wanted to say hi.