Just changed out the oil.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 08:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just changed out the oil.....

And the only thing i have to say is ****!!!!!! Honda. Everytime i see my buddy work on his Yamaha i envy the detail yamaha put in their bikes for the users/consumers. All of his are spring loaded type alan bits. When it comes time to purchase my next bike i will look at this **** in-depth i cannot ****ING stand how cheap honda is with those 12cent piece of **** plastic rivots....Saving weight my *** i would take the extra pound or two in bolts over ****ty rivots.

I run into this **** every time i work on this thing, that is the one huge thing i hate about honda, everything else has been great but that little thing considering we all work on our machines so much is a REAL pain in the ***!

Old 10-08-2006, 01:47 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Just changed out the oil.....

When I changed my oil, I broke 2 of those POS rivet thingy's, and when I took off my windscreen, I broke 3 of those damn plastic bolts and stippped one. I wasn't even screwing them in all the way! They broke half way through.......so yeah, I thought that was pretty cheesy.

What to do?

There is a kit to replace the windscreen bolts with metal ones online somewhere (I had my dealer order them for me). They also told me that there is a bolt and nut kit for the fairings that use high quality metal bolts (like 4 oz in weight.....whoopidiedoooo!). I ordered that kit a few weeks ago, but they were on back order and they said it could take up to 6 weeks to get them in. When I find out where to get them, I'll let you know.

The windscreen bolts are great, they didn't break, and I feel better knowing they're not cheap plastic.

Old 10-08-2006, 01:55 AM
Retired Administrator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like that info too Blue Fox...

It'd take a lot more than a few nuts and bolts to make me think about another bike, but I do hate the plastic screws/rivets.

Old 10-08-2006, 01:57 AM
Retired Moderator

I'll call up the dealer on Monday to see where they get that kit from.

Old 10-10-2006, 08:16 AM
Retired Moderator

The dealer called me, they said the kit where they ordered it from stopped making the kit.

---BUT---

They told me about this place. The person who sold me my bike (and races professionally) said he ordered a kit from this place. He said it works great. They have a LOT of different bolt and nut kits for the 600RR!

CAN YOU SAY QUICK RELEASE BOLTS FOR THE FAIRINGS!!!! OH YEAH!

http://www.tastynuts.com/site/frames...shoponline.htm

Funny, but when you type in "replacement fairing bolts 600rr" in Google, this is the first site listed, LOL! Probably should have searched myself before asking my dealer like a retard, lol.

Old 10-10-2006, 02:42 PM

um...i think you guys just need to be more careful and take your time with things...

the majority of others don't have problems with them plastic fasteners and what not...

just try to take you time and most of all...STOP BEING HACKS...jahahahhahah