F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Changed CCT

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 01:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changed CCT

I tackled my noisy CCT this weekend. Three and a half frustrating hours later I got my bike running beautifully again.

Out of the whole ordeal I think the easiest part to do was removing and replacing the lower bolt off the CCT. I was really expecting that bolt to give me the most trouble seeing as how you have to go through the hole in the frame.

I ended up using the manual CCT from APE. After reading all the CCT discussions and debates on the forums about manual vs. automatic I wasn't sure which one to go with. One of the techs at the local Honda shop said that whenever someone comes in to have their CCT replaced he recommends the manual APE part and only ever uses the automatic part upon customer requests.

After replacing this part on my own, I have one question for everyone who replaced their CCT with the manual APE part....Is there any easy way to adjust it? I had to keep taking the seat and tank off, adjust it, put the seat and tank back on and take it for a short drive around the garage. On the fourth adjustment I finally got it set to where I believe is a good spot, but i'm going to have the techs at the local Honda shop double check my adjustments just in case.

Next project new chain...I'm just trying to decide if I want to just replace the chain or spend the extra cash and go with the 520 chain and sprocket. I know the chain for my bike is $120 CND at the local Honda Shop but what do you think I'm looking at spending for the 520?

Old 07-30-2007, 02:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Changed CCT

you don't need to put everything back on to adjust. just run the bike as is with everything off, yes you'll get MIL depending on what sensors you've unplugged, etc. but that's ok. you're just listening for noise. adjust in neutral...
adjust in until the sound goes away then back out until you just start to hear rattling, then 1/4 in, lock in place...you're in the sweet spot.