F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Changed my oil

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 12:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changed my oil

So I've looked through the service manual I downloaded and couldn't find any info on this.

I changed my oil on my bike and my oil light is still coming on, for cars each model/make has something you do to reset the oil light. How do I do that on my f4i?

Also, I bought some Honda coolant and was wondering, should I just add it to what is in there or flush the whole system? The bike has 16k miles and I do not believe it has been done before because my friend who I got it from said that whatever the dealership put in there when he purchased it is what is in there.

Another question, the F1 light, is there a link to all the codes for that so I can have that handy in case I need to look at it. I was looking through the service manual and wasn't able to find anything on it either. I could have missed it as I am pretty dead to the world after the long day.

Thanks in advance, so far everyone has been helpful to my noobish questions

Old 09-28-2008, 01:27 AM
Default RE: Changed my oil

well first off your oil light isnt on besause u need an oil change. the oil light comes on when u dont have any or enough OIL PRESSURE.so u can change the oil as much as u want and its not going to turn off. check the oil pressure sensor. make shure its pluged in,and if it s either ur sensor is bad or ur motor isnt getting enough or any oil to it.

is the
f1 light on? and if it is its probally because of the oil pressure sensor is bad.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:44 AM

It comes on when I first start it up and then blinks and then goes away I believe. I'll have to go over to my dads and start it up to tell you exactly what it does since I keep it there since I don't have a garage/building to store it in yet.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:32 PM

thats normal. they all do it. it and all of the other lights come on when the spedo counts dowm, right. thats normal. as long as it doesnt come on and stay on when the bike is running .

Old 09-28-2008, 07:47 PM

Yup, I asked my buddy I bought it from and he said its always done that. The oil light only flashes before you start it up and then it stops, I didn't know if it should do that or not.

Any help on the coolant question?

Old 09-28-2008, 09:10 PM

If it has always been coolant i don't think you should have a problem. What color is the coolant in there? You can always top it off. And it never hurts to flush it

Old 09-28-2008, 10:58 PM

Theres no coolant in the reserve so I am not for sure what color it is. When my parts come in Tuesday was when I was going to flush it if needed so I'll check then.