Got pulled over today.. GRR

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 10:16 PM
ox.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Got pulled over today.. GRR

Woody you seem like a very levelheaded officer and i say officer not cop. There are so many cops in cleveland that were burned once or twice by a bike and now the have a hard on for bikes. Ive been on the other side and know how it feel to be outrun.police have to let it go and not take it out on the next bike.As for myself i stop, im fully legal and have no reason to run, but then i have had to waist my time fighting some frivioulus(sp) tickets. I have been ticketed for having my visor opened too much while i was riding and not all the way up but too much as the ticket stated. that was just the cop getting back at bikers.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Wolfman707

actually in your circumstance, you don't need to provide anything. thats considered a "casual contact" there is no detainment, and unless he finds a violation of your bike or some other violation, the cop can pound sand. but i will say, it may be in your best interest to comply. there's is always something if you look hard enough.
Hmm..good stuff.

Yeah...back in my misspent youth, I was hauled in mostly for Pub.Intox. (Heavy Metal Rules Dude!...all that crap).

But if a LEO asks who you are, and you get combative or resistant, you'll only make things worse.

One time when I was about 19-20...a bunch of cops called me out of the store one night. There were probably 10-12 of 'em.

They were familiar with some...ahem..acquaintences of mine...and though I was guilty of association, they just wanted to find out
who I was.

They asked me a few questions....we talked about just general BS for a bit.

I said something funny, (don't remember what)...and they all laughed and said..."Hey man...you're all right...you got soul."

And then they just got back in their squad cars and left, waved.

I never have forgotten that.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:04 AM

its all a numbers game.. he just needed another stop for his daily total. no biggie.

Old 01-12-2008, 01:48 AM

ORIGINAL: aaron1085

its all a numbers game.. he just needed another stop for his daily total. no biggie.
quotas are illegal. friendly competion is another story.

Old 01-12-2008, 08:36 AM

haha yea everyone still thinks there are quotas to fill or that we make out on writing tickets, as far as competition, well, Im in it to win it....

ox. I can understand that and I am sure its very aggravating, i have not been in the situation where a bike ran from me yet so I guess I have not been burned but I know how it feels to have a routine situation go bad for no reason and that is the aggravating part.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:41 AM

ORIGINAL: ox.

ORIGINAL: crashkhanman

ORIGINAL: ox.

at that point i didnt have to give him anything since my bike was off and i was parked.
At anytime an officer can ask for Identification and the person will have to show it.

thats not true. if an officer asks all you have to give him is your name and date of birth. there was a court case about this in my city and the kid won. you can look up the court case on bikestylesinc website.
In the state of Washington, if you cannot show you have a motorcycle endorsement, your bike can be impounded!

Old 01-12-2008, 12:25 PM
RCR

There is no quotas like they have to get 100-200 out in a month, But in their reviews it is looked at how many tickets are given out. If they are below average it effects their score as if there not enforcing the laws.

Im only giving my opinion on what a police officer told me and that is only one person out of the gazzillions out there, but it made sense to me.

Old 01-12-2008, 12:32 PM

willcasp..where in WA are u from?

Old 01-14-2008, 02:37 AM

ORIGINAL: RCR

There is no quotas like they have to get 100-200 out in a month, But in their reviews it is looked at how many tickets are given out. If they are below average it effects their score as if there not enforcing the laws.

Im only giving my opinion on what a police officer told me and that is only one person out of the gazzillions out there, but it made sense to me.
i can't speak for all of us out there but, i am proactive enough with other things that writing a few less tickets isn't an issue. my main concern and it may sound corny is the public's safety while i'm working. i can see your point, and it's sad to say there are some "hot heads" out there smearing the good cops that do good work.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:40 AM

Most of the time FITZ. They look for a reasonable reason to pull you over (one that would hold up in court) So they can run your tags, checkon any warrants that might be out for you or your buddy.

Still though.. THat is apretty dumb reason haha. Good story for the future too.