Crappy gas mileage and whats a rebuilt or salvage title look like?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 08:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crappy gas mileage and whats a rebuilt or salvage title look like?

Hey guys I got an 03 CBR 600RR. Mods include a power commander, Two brothers slip on or full exhaust (IDK, can someone tell me how to find out) K&N air filter, GPR stabalizer, bigger rear sprocket or whatever. etc. Anyway my bike is my main commuter to school and work. about 20 miles of city driving per day. Stop light to stop light, crappy traffic and all that, but anyway I filled up about a week ago and reseted my odo to 0. I put exactly 3.5 gallons of regular 87 octane for like $15 and ldidnt last long. I checked today and my gas bar only had one bar left and my ODO is at like 102 miles. So its pretty much like 29 MPG! I dont even ride hard nor redline the bike! I shift at about 4 - 5k and mostly cruise at 6th gear but if I pass I do pull back the throttle. Anyway is this normal? I read on some forums that you get more MPG if you put 91 octane but that doesent make sense to me. Also if I take off the PC and convert my sprocket to stock how much MPG will I get out of it? Also whats the best sprocket size for better gas mileage.

Also Last is how does a salvage or rebuilt title look like? I know my bike has been down because it had the Movistar fairings with new foot pegs etc. I already have the title but doesent I havent read anywhere its salvage. (stupid question I know. Sorry I am new to everything here in the US)

Old 05-16-2011, 12:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your getting shyt mileage because your using 87 octane. are bikes are not tuned for that crap. dont run it and you can beat your bike and it will get about 30mpg or better

Old 05-16-2011, 01:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

91 or better since thats what your supposed to be using id assume. Also did you put 3.5 gallons in to make the tank full or were you empty and only put 3.5 gallons in?

On my 09 i have a 4.7 gallon tank. I ride hard a few times and use it daily as well. I was at 160 miles and filled it and i still had .5 gallons left in the tank which means i could go about 175 before im out of gas. I use 93 octane since thats whats in my area.

Anyways if your super worried about gas milage get a lil 125 or 250 for 50+mpg.