F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

rebuilt title

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 09:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rebuilt title

does having a rebuilt title drastically bring the value of the bike down if it was bought back from the insurance company because it needed plastics and forks? frame and original engine, tires wear good new plastic, still have to polish the front rim up to match the back and no one would ever know,, cept for the whole title thing ha ha. im j/w because i think i might sell the f4i after i detail it for a month polish the front rim and have everything powdercoated i want. and thought i would ask the experts here! thx for any input

Old 11-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Default RE: rebuilt title

It would depend on the buyers opinion more than anything. Personally I would NOT buy any vehicle 2 wheel or 4 with a salvage/rebuilt title. YES it does bring the value down drastically though.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:24 PM

thx for the input, i personal don't see much wrong with it. my bike has never had much of a problem, tach went out, and the fule reserve light being on all the time, witch happens weirdly after you take the tank off and have it painted i think there is several other people on this site with that problem. but i guess it is an opinion.

Old 11-22-2008, 11:53 AM

i would buy a salvage after a personal inspection...and by the way i would buy a couple of them, you can always repair them and get a rebuilt title, for a lot cheaper..my 2 cents

Old 11-22-2008, 12:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no problem with salvage titles as long as I'm allowed to give the bike a PROPER inspection. I won't pay normal prices obviously.

Old 11-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As far as resale value, YES it drasticlly reduces the value. But for personal value... I bought my bike (01 F4i) at a police auction for $1500 and drove it home from Toledo to Detroit without any probs. I saved 2 to 3 grand, got my first bike, and a great winter project. I couldn't go wrong.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:36 PM

lol dang 1500, i was hopeing she was worth at least 3 lol i paid a prety good damn penny for the green that is on her. ha ha oh well i dont really have a problem buying a salvage i didnt know this was a salvage though on the previous title it did not have it on there anywere. almost every dirtbike threewheeler and fourwheeler i have bough was rebuilt in some way ha ha

Old 11-23-2008, 04:46 PM

Mine was a salvage too. I inspected the hell out of it and it runs like a champ,but the price of Honda plastics make it easy to total any bike. I didn't care since I plan on keeping it for good anyway.

Old 11-23-2008, 05:23 PM

yea exactly lol the bike needed a right plastic and uper plastics, and a set of forks,, they demed it totaled ha ha. plus she has the full set of Tri Oval Race exhaust headers out! i was like dude u took care of this baby if you spent money like that on a 6 ha ha

Old 11-23-2008, 06:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Depending on how they do things in your state, the title may not be a rebuilt. That's why when buying used, inspection is vital. An unsuspecting buyer may be buying a bike that was crashed and not know.

Quick Reply: rebuilt title