Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

"Rebuilt" Title

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Rebuilt" Title

What do you guys think about buying a bike with a title that's "rebuilt"? One of the bikes is in pennsylvania, the other is in ohio (in case laws have something to do with it).

Old 09-07-2007, 01:26 PM
Retired Moderator
Default RE: "Rebuilt" Title

Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-07-2007, 01:52 PM

Don't they get an inspection, or is it just a quick bs once-over? Is it that unlikely that it was repaired correctly? I'm just trying to find a deal, and it's hard to find a decent F4i for a reasonable price. Everyone wants much more than book value for them. Maybe things will get better when the weather cools off here in the midwest.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a lot of reason for a rebuilt designation, not all are bad.

Old 09-07-2007, 02:01 PM

What could be wrong that wouldn't reveal itself with a good visual inspection and a15 min. ride? Honestly?

Old 09-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Retired Moderator

You know, I was thinking "salvage title". Here is a link to another thread that may give you some more info:

https://cbrforum.com/m_81927/tm.htm

Old 09-07-2007, 02:09 PM

a rebuilt title is what a salvage title is after the bike is rebuilt, you may wanna stay away from it unless its a smokin deal....in which case id be worried.

Old 09-07-2007, 02:23 PM
I ♥ CBRF

Not always a bad thing. I bought a salvaged (bonded) title and bikeran like a champ. The plastic's looked like crap but took them offand all the inside parts looked brand spankin new. Insurance companies salvage these things out at will(hell new plastics are valued at about half the bike). We all know there is a deal to be had so if it looks decent and price is worthy buy that sucker and start tracking parts (if needed).

Old 09-07-2007, 02:35 PM

If it's a good deal and the bike has no flaws I'd vouch for getting it. It takes a lot to "wreck" a bike beyond repair. I wouldn't go out of my way to get one that was rebuilt but that's what my F4i is. Dude wrecked it and accidentally killed himself in the meantime. Bike looked real sick but after a set of forks and a new rear rim she rides like a dream! Bike wasn’t insured so there was no totaling it out from a financial institution. Had it been insured, it would definitely been totaled out.

Old 09-07-2007, 03:42 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

once again i get so tired of everyone thinking just because a bike is "rebuilt" or "salvaged" that means it is a bad bike ! there are many reasons a bike can be salvaged out and just because a title is clean doesnt mean **** ! only that the owner possibly never reported the accident to the insurance company

my friend has an 04 1krr that was flipped in a ditch 3 times and wrecked but the title is clean !

as with any bike car etc , regardless of title status check it out before buying ! ive gotten some sweet *** deals on salvaged vehicles that were given that title for stupid reasons .

if you like the bike check it out , dont judge it by its title alone

Quick Reply: "Rebuilt" Title