Almost Accident

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 03:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Almost Accident

ORIGINAL: 13brsxsrr

ORIGINAL: bumblebeegsxr

ORIGINAL: rubberband man

Glad to hear you kept it up..... DAMN the rain.... I try my best not to ride in the rain. Alot of people say that true riders ride in any weather but i don't give a damn. Rather still have my bike lookin nice than be a "true rider". Oh yeah forgot about the most important thing, Me... But it's free to fix me up, the bike is another thing.

Daam right.......... I dont buy that im a real true rider type of ****! What is this, jr. high school all over again? I need to be cool and tuff type of crap? Phuk that. Awhile back i bought a bike at a dealer and told him to thro in a helmet and some new gloves..... the sales guy (in hopes of changing my mind and makin a lil more off me) tells me "yea whatever those gloves are just allllright, I personally dont use gloves, BUT ive also been riding since i was 12" .... Im thinking to myself, youre a phukin idiot "well I DO wear gloves and yes Ill take these alpinestars with me thank you" Just another example of the "True Rider mentality" such as in the sales guy!

You guys are still new to this. you'll understand one day. From late april to early october maybe even later if it's still warm I "lose" my car keys. Everyday just like your post man. When it's in your blood you'll do anything feed that fix!!! I went out today for 3hrs it was 38 here in N.Y.
By the way CJBETTIS good work!!!![sm=groupwave.gif]

Oh don't get me wrong, i will ride in the cold but when you add rain to it i feel its too risky. I've been caught in the rain and had no problem with it. But i'd just prefer to eliminate the probability of a mishap to occure. Thats all. Oh and for the True Rider comment, i know everyone doesn't think like that but you do have some people that put that title over safty... thats all i ment by it....

Old 03-18-2006, 11:53 AM

Oh...I just wanted to add that an "almost accident" doesn't count...the fact that you pulled it off without going down is all that matters!

There but for the grace of God go I!!!

Old 03-20-2006, 02:14 PM

What would you guys attribute the # 1 cause to be in so far as either accidents or "almost" accidents are concerned?

Too much speed for conditions?

Too heavy on brakes?

Lack of concentration?

Wrong input to the bike?

Riding above your limits?

Something else?